• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Garrett Nelson

HyperHusker

Recruit
5 Year Member
Gotta watch Garrett Nelson friday, what a beast. He played mostly at the D Line. Seemed to play with a lot of fire and intesity. Took a few photos at the game.
2S4A3505-13(2).jpg 2S4A3541-23(2).jpg 2S4A3640-45(2).jpg 2S4A3684-50(2).jpg

I grew up in Scottsbluff and have a friend whose son plays OLB on the team with Garrett. He said that North Platte made it a point to run most of the plays to the inside opposite of Garrett. The guy on that side had monster numbers because of that.

I grew up in Scottsbluff and have a friend whose son plays OLB on the team with Garrett. He said that North Platte made it a point to run most of the plays to the inside opposite of Garrett. The guy on that side had monster numbers because of that.

I've been going back monthly to see the parents. Gonna try to catch either the Gering or Sidney game next month.

Gotta hit that rivalry game with Gering.

Brings back the good old days! Think it was my junior year when some Scoblo guys painted about a dozen old steel belted tires red and white and stacked them in alternating colors on Gering's flag pole. I have no idea how they got them up there.

Sidney was a decent rival for us to - more competitive in baseball than football against us as I recall. Then when I went to Kearney, I made friends with the core bunch of those guys, and they were pretty good dudes.

Last edited:
Brings back the good old days! Think it was my junior year when some Scoblo guys painted about a dozen old steel belted tires red and white and stacked them in alternating colors on Gering's flag pole. I have no idea how they got them up there.

Sidney was a decent rival for us to - more competitive in baseball than football against us as I recall. Then when I went to Kearney, I made friends with the core bunch of those guys, and they were pretty good dudes.
When I was in school, Sidney wasn't really a rival much. The Gering rivalry got so big that the basketball games got moved to WNCC so more people could get in.

He fumbled on his first carry and he is probably the 3rd best player on his own team. Busby and the Qb are better high school players. But he does play with intensity and is a solid player

Last edited:

He fumbled on his first carry and he is probably the 3rd best player on his own team. Busby and the Qb are better high school players. But he does play with intensity and is a solid player
That he did but I didn't make any mention of it as he's not being recruited as a RB. Yea Busby and Harsh were studs no doubt. I don't know that I'd agree with him being 3rd but the other two were studs for sure.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back