• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Game Today – Huskers @ Penn State, 3:00 PM CST, ESPNU (online: WatchESPN)

Excellent observation. If TP is on, everything is swell! If not, TP begins to jack up the shots every time and then pouts. We never make any adjustments during the game, ie. switch defenses, zone out of bounds, handle the press, etc. Pitchford is struggling also and if he can't make a 3-ball, he might just as well be on the bench!

i think it would be a refreshing message to the team that if/when TP throws a ridiculous 1 handed volleyball pass 15 feet from his intended target out of bounds, that he take a minute or two to view things from the bench. I'm beginning to wonder if Miles has the stones to actually put his foot down and decide what will and won't be tolerated on the bball court, whether you're the reigning big10 scoring leader or not.

this team lacks discipline and that is a direct result of inconsistent parenting (coaching). Right now the only difference in play between TP and a guy like T.Webster is that TP gets to shoot 22 more shots per game. take that away, and Webster actually brings more to the table with good solid effort and capable defense. Webster got benched for silly turnovers, so why not TP? things that make you go hmmmm....... (cue C&C music factory)

Last edited:
Excellent observation. If TP is on, everything is swell! If not, TP begins to jack up the shots every time and then pouts. We never make any adjustments during the game, ie. switch defenses, zone out of bounds, handle the press, etc. Pitchford is struggling also and if he can't make a 3-ball, he might just as well be on the bench!

No, no, no...its all coaching. I don't know why Miles doesn't coach these guys to make the easy ones right by the rim.:rolleyes:

Game Today – Huskers @ Penn State, 3:00 PM CST, ESPNU (online: WatchESPN)

Redo I'm back.

I have told you so many times I don't drink.

Anyway you cry about ppl actually giving criticism to crappy coaching and play when you did it all the time with your ilk even when football was winning.

You just can't take it as the truth smacks you in the face.

The first thing s good coach does is correct the biggest problem for the team is TP. Pouting all me player.

I'm out movie time n then....

Redo I'm back.

I have told you so many times I don't drink.

Anyway you cry about ppl actually giving criticism to crappy coaching and play when you did it all the time with your ilk even when football was winning.

You just can't take it as the truth smacks you in the face.

The first thing s good coach does is correct the biggest problem for the team is TP. Pouting all me player.

I'm out movie time n then....

Yes, you don't drink yet you have time and time again posted incoherent rambling posts filled with misspellings and unintelligible words. I am just glad its not happening tonight...yet.

And again, Miles and his team deserve criticism. I have already said that. I have no issue with complaining about this team as they deserve it. But what I don't like is people like you pissing and moaning about posters on the football board complaining and then you turning around and doing the same thing on the basketball board. I don't think Miles is perfect and above question. I can't understand why we are still so poor against the press or why Petteway gets away with so much negative play and attitude. Its aggravating. But I still contend that Miles doesn't have much to work with. Petteway can be a great scorer and Shields has talent but who else is a threat on the offensive end? Seriously? Who? Why teams don't just double team both of those guys and play one on three against the rest baffles me.

You have said so many ridiculous things on this board that its hard to take you seriously. Remember when you said Newby was going to start ahead of Abdullah? And then you have the nerve to criticize other fans because they didn't like the way the football team was playing while at the same time doing the exact same thing on the basketball board. You are a hypocrite. Plain and simple.

So again, criticize the basketball team all you want to. They deserve it. I am with you on this.

Oh...I hope you enjoyed your steak.

Last edited:
Fact is pettaway isn't a good player. He's a high volume shooter. again I'll say it...if I was building a team he wouldn't make my roster...not even if it went 10 deep.

He may be the best they have right now but he hurts this team as much as he helps. His continues presence next year won't be beneficial.

Last edited:
Fact is pettaway isn't a good player. He's a high volume shooter. again I'll say it...if I was building a team he wouldn't make my roster...not even if it went 10 deep.

He may be the best they have right now but he hurts this team as much as he helps. His continues presence next year won't be beneficial.

Agree.

It is hard for a team to play with energy when they slow things down soooooooo much! At least try to push the ball up court and if there is nothing there, back it out. Penn St was able to pull away by attacking our pressure and going to the rim. See if the guys can get into a flow and not allow the defense to get set. It would alleviate the Petteway backs up to half court trying to go right offense this team plays.

OK, it is time to face it! Petteway owns Miles. Did you hear Miles' comments on TV right after the NW game?
A coach who allows this to happen with one player will allow it again.

OK, it is time to face it! Petteway owns Miles. Did you hear Miles' comments on TV right after the NW game?
A coach who allows this to happen with one player will allow it again.

What did he say?

I can't recall what game it was but there were a couple possessions in a row that NU scored with TP not touching the ball. He got the rebound the next possession and I thought to myself..."dude's definitely taking the shot this possession"...nobody else touched it and he ended up missing a 17' jumper. He took shots on a few possessions in a row. Just not a fan of the guy's game. I'd take shields on my team over him any day.

What did he say?

He was lauding Petteway's overall game, and then pointed out how fair Pett was in calling the plays during crunch time, distributing shots to several players. In effect, he acknowledged that Petteway was calling the plays.

I remember my eyebrows going up during the interview, but quickly forgot what Coach Miles said. Sadly, we will have another year of Coach Petteway:thumbsdown:

He was lauding Petteway's overall game, and then pointed out how fair Pett was in calling the plays during crunch time, distributing shots to several players. In effect, he acknowledged that Petteway was calling the plays.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back