• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Game #26 Tonight – Huskers @ Maryland, 6:00 PM CST, BTN (online: BTN2Go)

Probably the best effort by the team all year! That includes Coach Miles! Glad to see him rewarding Fuller for his effort! Smith may have taken a couple bad shots, but I am good with that as he is getting experience and a little confidence! Great night for Pitchford! I thought the defense ran out of energy a bit at the end. Hopefully, Coach uses a deep lineup the rest of the season and realizes it will pay off. Petteway didn't have a big scoring night, but he had some nice assists. I thought I heard him yell, "just shoot it Nick" after Fuller passed up a shot. Let's hope we see Hammond a little more down the stretch.

He did pass the ball around well. Sadly, Tai lost that ball under the bucket.
He might have scored, and he might have been fouled, giving a chance for
a tie game. Things just don't seem to fall into place, for us to pick up a win.

Hoping they can win a few in the tournament.

Last edited:
Announcers just said that Maryland has outscored Nebraska 19 - 3 at the charity stripe.... WOW....

Sorry, but we were fouled quite a few times, in my opinion, with no calls. They, on the other hand, got a lot of calls!! Sorry, I feel that way. Too much
of a discrepancy!

Game #26 Tonight – Huskers @ Maryland, 6:00 PM CST, BTN (online: BTN2Go)

About time miles listen to me and he finally has a good game. Keep listening coach and you might get better

Not a train wreak as most road games have been, it was actually a good game... We just flat out need better shooters...

Webster seemed to have nerves with the ball a few times last night. Just relax Tai and it will come.

He did pass the ball around well. Sadly, Tai lost that ball under the bucket. He might have scored, and he might have been fouled, giving
a chance for a tie game. Things just don't seem to fall I place, for us to pick up a win.

Hoping they can win a few in the tournament.

I felt the same way! Even though Petteway got a "T", I thought he handled some of the calls/no-calls pretty well! When he supposedly fouled Trimble on the fast break, he turned to the ref and nodded in agreement and asked "is that a foul at the other end?" The guy who was guarding him had a hold of his jersey most of the night. I thought Shields was fouled several times going to the bucket. Should have been some " and 1" opportunities.

Sorry, but we were fouled quite a few times, in my opinion, with no calls. They, on the other hand, got a lot of calls!! Sorry, I feel that way. Too much
of a discrepancy!

I was telling my wife the exact same thing last night! I'm glad the staff finally found their game planning source! Stick with us Coach Miles and we'll get you there :)

About time miles listen to me and he finally has a good game. Keep listening coach and you might get better

I think rebounding was the key. We outrebounded the Terps 33-26 and held them to only one offensive rebound. Pitchford going 19 and 7 was a huge factor as well. If we can not get embarrassed on the glass and Pitch can make a solid contribution we will typically be in every game.

To some, being in the game is acceptable. To me, being in the game and losing merely inures you to losses! We LOST! That sums it up.
Maryland has shown a propensity to play down to poor opponents at home this year. I'm sure they look at it as another poorly played game that they managed to win. Unfortunately, I see little hope the next four games, winning at OSU or Ill is pie in the sky dreaming, and we have the two toughest teams behind Wisky at home. Yes, I rate Iowa on the road as a very tough team. Those tall, skinny white guys will hurl threes into the net like they were M & M's.

Lordy, are we looking at 13-17 and 5-13? We are doomed to the position of having to play five conference tourney games in order to win it? the fifth day pool looks like us, P ST, Ruts and Nowstrn. On a neutral floor, we are probably underdogs against any of them.

To some, being in the game is acceptable. To me, being in the game and losing merely inures you to losses! We LOST! That sums it up.
Maryland has shown a propensity to play down to poor opponents at home this year. I'm sure they look at it as another poorly played game that they managed to win. Unfortunately, I see little hope the next four games, winning at OSU or Ill is pie in the sky dreaming, and we have the two toughest teams behind Wisky at home. Yes, I rate Iowa on the road as a very tough team. Those tall, skinny white guys will hurl threes into the net like they were M & M's.

Lordy, are we looking at 13-17 and 5-13? We are doomed to the position of having to play five conference tourney games in order to win it? the fifth day pool looks like us, P ST, Ruts and Nowstrn. On a neutral floor, we are probably underdogs against any of them.

Well, your assessment of Iowa truly came to fruition. They killed us with 3's and everything else under the sun.

Man, we are toast!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back