• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Game #2 -Huskers vs Hoosiers - 5/25/24 - Sat. @5:00 pm - SEMI-FINALS - Omaha

CrnhskrBob

Husker Immortal
20 Year Member
Will "see" you all then!! GBR!!

4:30 CENTRAL FOR GAME 2 PRE-GAME AUDIO:

Will "see" you all then!! GBR!!

4:30 CENTRAL FOR GAME 2 PRE-GAME AUDIO:

Do we know who will be starting pitcher

We don't know starting pitcher yet, and trying to think from a coaches standpoint - I'm not sure who to put on the mound tonight. We do not have an abundance of "starting pitcher" arms. Also keeping in mind that if we win tonight, we turn around for a championship game on Sunday.
Regionals start on the 31st. There would be a 5 day cushion to rest some arms. I am tempted to go "all in" on winning the BIG tourney, and start Sears tonight. McConnaughey Sunday. It's short rest for both, but it's end of the season, their arms are well stretched out and conditioned. I'd keep both on a short leash, and plan on going to the pen early in both games to limit risk to them both.
Rational? It's unlikely our Huskers will make it back to Omaha via the NCAA tourney. But, we have a realistic chance of giving our team a moment in the sun during the BIG tourney, in front of what is likely to be a very full stadium of Husker fans on Sunday. Let them hoist a trophy, and have a dog pile moment in front of the fans.

...... Now, for a more conservative, (and maybe more realistic) standpoint... Perhaps consider Kyle Perry and Jalen Worthley as our next two starters. No matter what, I hope our team defense plays hot, and our bats are swinging free. Gotta leave it all on the field.

Daiss and Froelich have yet to pitch in the tourney. Will has already said Sears will not pitch and don’t think you can run Mason out.

Pitchers:

Brockett
Christo
Perry
Clark
Daiss
Froelich

And then the younger arms if need be…..

Think they’re in better shape than what we think

I will cheer for whoever they run out to the mound. From your list, I would hope for Perry and Christo

Go Big Red!

...... Now, for a more conservative, (and maybe more realistic) standpoint... Perhaps consider Kyle Perry and Jalen Worthley as our next two starters. No matter what, I hope our team defense plays hot, and our bats are swinging free. Gotta leave it all on the field.
Jalen pitched yesterday. At least 30 pitches it not more.I don't know if he could come back that quick.
If not stiff he could go a couple

Last edited:
Daiss and Froelich have yet to pitch in the tourney. Will has already said Sears will not pitch and don’t think you can run Mason out.

Pitchers:

Brockett
Christo
Perry
Clark
Daiss
Froelich

And then the younger arms if need be…..

Think they’re in better shape than what we think
I'm guessing Froelich may start

Sprinkler man is almost here. I should be available at starting time, for sure. If not, don't wait for me. I'll be back asap. GBR!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back