• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Game #14 Wed, 12/30, vs Northwestern @ PBA, 3:00 pm CST, ESPNU

Seems pretty simple to me. Miles may know how to write a book, but he doesn't know to coach at this level, regardless of the talent he has. I mean, up by 11 and lose by 9. That's a 20 point swing in the last 16 minutes or so.

Last edited:

No they didn't. They played zone and man in the first hAlf. They switched around quite a bit and when nu built the 10+ or lead in the 2nd half nw was playing man. When they stopped confusing themselves and went exclusively to a 2/3 zone nu fell apart.

Listened for a while then watched for a while. Had things to do so bailed when NU had a 10 point lead (actually, whatever the lead was after Parker had the steal and lay-up). Seemed like NU was in control. Was surprised to come on and found out they lost. By 9. :eek:

Shields...that guy is a mystery to me. 4-12. Almost as many turnovers as buckets.

Listened for a while then watched for a while. Had things to do so bailed when NU had a 10 point lead (actually, whatever the lead was after Parker had the steal and lay-up). Seemed like NU was in control. Was surprised to come on and found out they lost. By 9. :eek:

Shields...that guy is a mystery to me. 4-12. Almost as many turnovers as buckets.

Shields struggled against the zone--as he usually does. Couldn't drive it. Hit a couple of early jumpers but then just faded away. Can't explain his lack of work on the glass on the defensive end.

Shields struggled against the zone--as he usually does. Couldn't drive it. Hit a couple of early jumpers but then just faded away. Can't explain his lack of work on the glass on the defensive end.

he struggles big time vs zone because he's trying to force the dribble into lanes that aren't there, with 2 defenders waiting for him. honestly i don't really blame him though. when the head coach has the team running the same offensive principles vs zone as they do vs man, thats what you'll get. what really irritates me is that when shields drives in vs the zone and attracts 2 or 3 defenders, it would be awesome if NU had a player down near the block for sheilds to pass to for an easy lay-up. unfortunately, we don't ever have anyone standing near the block. its just 4 out, 1 in, with the "in" player running around trying to set ball screens 30 feet from the basket. :wow:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back