• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

FSU getting boat raced!

Not a bad person, but also not what Nebraska fans claim to be. If we applaud our opponents win or lose, then laugh at them on the internet, was the applause sincere? Eh, it's the internet age, we can do as we please without consequence. As long as it doesn't enter memorial stadium and we still treat KIDS with class as we always have, I'll be satisfied.

It's not a high horse, it's a standard written in stone on memorial stadium.

And per Kirk Herbstreit the FSU players refused to shake hands with the Oregon players after the game. Yep. Pretty happy that they got blown out.

Btw they are not kids...we send 19 20 22 year oldsover seas to fight wars....my 5 year old is a kid. Good grief.

Again by definition if you root for one
team you are rooting against the other.

perhaps you would have us sit on our hands.

The he term wine and cheese crowd comes to mind.

Did you forget that we weren't playing the game? You can't root for Nebraska when they aren't playing. So using your definition, you are just rooting against a team. It's perfectly fine, just don't act like Nebraska never cheated or that we are the best fans on earth. Nether are true.

Did you forget that we weren't playing the game? You can't root for Nebraska when they aren't playing. So using your definition, you are just rooting against a team. It's perfectly fine, just don't act like Nebraska never cheated or that we are the best fans on earth. Nether are true.

I guess I just totally disagree with you. I'm sure we'll both survive. :thumbsup:

Not a bad person, but also not what Nebraska fans claim to be. If we applaud our opponents win or lose, then laugh at them on the internet, was the applause sincere? Eh, it's the internet age, we can do as we please without consequence. As long as it doesn't enter memorial stadium and we still treat KIDS with class as we always have, I'll be satisfied.

It's not a high horse, it's a standard written in stone on memorial stadium.

The bolded is kind of the point though isn't it? We're watching these on TV and not in person. I can appreciate the effort but still be glad they lost, especially when playing the Huskers.

You need reread my post above. I'll rephrase it for you.

Rooting for one's team and rooting against nemesis of said team is correlated. I think this obvious.

Especially true on the board of one's team.

Last edited:
I don't know about the cheating but the whole LP situation wasn't one of our prouder moments.

There was rampant steroid use throughout at least the 90's if not prior. We love to talk about the S&C of the 90's, that's part of the equation. Was everyone doing it? Maybe, this could be no different than the same time period for baseball. But, it's cheating and was against the rules. Exhibit A: Jason Peter.

EDIT: I understand some users may not be aware of the Steroid use at Nebraska, I will provide links.

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-09-08/sports/sp-2456_1_bill-lewis

http://journalstar.com/news/husker-...cle_93e157fb-9b0f-5496-adbe-389ac1450410.html

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...NtVAAAAIBAJ&sjid=DeEDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6572,4863488

Last edited:
The bolded is kind of the point though isn't it? We're watching these on TV and not in person. I can appreciate the effort but still be glad they lost, especially when playing the Huskers.

We agree 100%. I just don't see the need for an entire OP on the topic. Maybe it would be better suited for the other teams forum, or perhaps the thread already started about the game. This just looks smug.

We agree 100%. I just don't see the need for an entire OP on the topic. Maybe it would be better suited for the other teams forum, or perhaps the thread already started about the game. This just looks smug.

Maybe so. It's a nice sentiment but ultimately unrealistic. People are only human.

There was rampant steroid use throughout at least the 90's if not prior. We love to talk about the S&C of the 90's, that's part of the equation. Was everyone doing it? Maybe, this could be no different than the same time period for baseball. But, it's cheating and was against the rules. Exhibit A: Jason Peter.

I don't know anything about that. Any rumors that I had heard were about steroid use in the 80's and my understanding is that it was pretty widespread across the whole of the nation.

If I want to come on a husker site and root for The Huskers I will. And by definition I'll take the opportunity to root against their nemesis'. If that offends you I suspect you are more Kansas then Husker.

Last edited:

I don't know anything about that. Any rumors that I had heard were about steroid use in the 80's and my understanding is that it was pretty widespread across the whole of the nation.

Very well may have been, as a baseball fan I was disgusted at how prevalent it was/is. I'm just trying to make a simple point. We aren't perfect either, so throwing stones isn't in our best interest.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back