• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

FSU getting boat raced!

Cheering for a team when they do well is different than applauding failure. If Nebraska fans are still upset about something that happened 20 years ago, yikes. Therapy might be needed!
I cheer when three teams loose:

Miami
PSU
FSU

in that order, that's allot of opportunities for therapy!

p.s not sure how I forgot Texas

Anyway, awful op that has no business on the Nebraska forums. There is already a thread on the game, no need to throw insults out at an entire university based on the assumption of actions of one guy.

It's more than one guy. And there's a history of corruption at FSU. And the NY Times article a couple months back revealed some very ugly sides to not only the team -- but the police force and the city as a whole.

Most Husker fans get a kick out of Florida State (or any Florida school) losing. I know I do.

It's more than one guy. And there's a history of corruption at FSU. And the NY Times article a couple months back revealed some very ugly sides to not only the team -- but the police force and the city as a whole.

Most Husker fans get a kick out of Florida State (or any Florida school) losing. I know I do.
Exactly, I read that article as well.

Cheering for a team when they do well is different than applauding failure. If Nebraska fans are still upset about something that happened 20 years ago, yikes. Therapy might be needed!
I am with you, i have my biases and such but we had a player drag his girlfriend down the stairs by her hair and then played some 19 years ago so we may have a few people that say some things about that.

I would think it rather self evident that a husker site is by definition a
place husker fans come and root for their team. By extension I believe I can also root against teams I consider our nemesis'.

I'm not sure what kind of therapy those of you who deem the above
as incongruent or inappropriate need but I'm sure there is a term for it.

Last edited:
I've never understood the sadistic pleasure people get from watching kids fail. I'm sure there's something a medical doctor can do to assist with that issue.

Good God! Get off your high horse. Isn't that what sports is all about? Cheering for or against certain teams? I guess I'm a very very bad person because I'm thrilled to see the Criminoles getting humiliated.

Good God! Get off your high horse. Isn't that what sports is all about? Cheering for or against certain teams? I guess I'm a very very bad person because I'm thrilled to see the Criminoles getting humiliated.

Not a bad person, but also not what Nebraska fans claim to be. If we applaud our opponents win or lose, then laugh at them on the internet, was the applause sincere? Eh, it's the internet age, we can do as we please without consequence. As long as it doesn't enter memorial stadium and we still treat KIDS with class as we always have, I'll be satisfied.

It's not a high horse, it's a standard written in stone on memorial stadium.

Not a bad person, but also not what Nebraska fans claim to be. If we applaud our opponents win or lose, then laugh at them on the internet, was the applause sincere? Eh, it's the internet age, we can do as we please without consequence. As long as it doesn't enter memorial stadium and we still treat KIDS with class as we always have, I'll be satisfied.

There are certain teams that I don't respect. Perhaps they are cheating or whatnot. That is kind of teams I'm going to cheer against. I don't think that makes me a bad sports fan in any way.

Again by definition if you root for one
team you are rooting against the other.

perhaps you would have us sit on our hands.

The he term wine and cheese crowd comes to mind.

I take great pleasure in watching certain teams lose. I enjoy it. If that makes me a bad husker fan then sign me up.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back