• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost to Iowa!

I really don't want this to be the case.

If Frost manages to beat Nebraska then the narrative shifts away from Frost being a terrible coach into Nebraska being a terrible school.

Imagine if Bill Callahan had gone to Colorado and won a conference title.

There's little to be gained for Nebraska out of this. If you beat Frost then you just reaffirm that we previously had a stinker of a coach. But if you lose to him all hell breaks loose.

I really don't want this to be the case.

If Frost manages to beat Nebraska then the narrative shifts away from Frost being a terrible coach into Nebraska being a terrible school.

Imagine if Bill Callahan had gone to Colorado and won a conference title.

There's little to be gained for Nebraska out of this. If you beat Frost then you just reaffirm that we previously had a stinker of a coach. But if you lose to him all hell breaks loose.
Weird, I don't see it like that at all. I think most people acknowledge Frost was a very good OC. Conversely, he was a terrible head coach and his warts were exposed in the B1G. There is Frost the OC and Frost the HC. Any success he has as an OC at Iowa doesn't shift anything away to make Nebraska look any worse. How could it?

For me, there is much to be gained and little to lose. Iowa has already whipped our asses 8 or the last 9 years, so it really can't get any worse. But if we beat Scott's ass while he's coaching at Iowa, that is doubly delicious in my eyes.

Why so concerned about others thinking we are a "terrible school",(whatever that means)? I'm sure you meant a terrible football program? But lets face, we have been. Why not kick Scott's ass on the way back up. What are folks so afraid of?

And plus, his offense does not fit the Ferentz philosophy as Scott's offenses would be a drain on what is Iowa's greatest strength. So highly unlikely regardless.

Last edited:

His offense wouldn't gell at all with the defensive style. Plus Frost burned a TON of bridges on the recruiting trail.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back