• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost out; Mickey Joseph Named Interim Head Coach

Loved him as a player and actually thought he would at least average 9-10 wins/year.
It had to be done. Whoever the new coach is needs to keep MJ, maybe Applewhite. That is it.
Completely depends on what the new coach wants and whether he thinks he can hire better options. Maybe better fits to his philosophy of whatever.

But I would like to see Joseph retained, but I will understand if he is not.

I sure hope that Frost agreed to the negotiated 7.5 million and not the full 15 million. To be hasty a mere 21 days that would save you 7.5 million is fiscal irresponsibility UNLESS boosters "donated" ,millions to the cause.
Screw that - I hope Frost took the full $15 million. We had the leadership dumb enough to extend him and the BOR dumb enough to sign off on it.

I sure hope that Frost agreed to the negotiated 7.5 million and not the full 15 million. To be hasty a mere 21 days that would save you 7.5 million is fiscal irresponsibility UNLESS boosters "donated" ,millions to the cause.
UNL Sports total revenue is more than #130 million a year so that $7.5 million is small beans in the big picture of collapsing fans support, continued losing, and the reaction to the Frost era.

Trev knows this and is making the right move to staunch the bleeding having realized he bet wrong in keeping HCSF last fall thinking that new assistants would lead to a revival and save HCSF and at least save Trev the $7.5 million:wrong.

Now you act like a big boy program and pay the fine and move on, either that or go to FCS.

UNL Sports total revenue is more than #130 million a year so that $7.5 million is small beans in the big picture of collapsing fans support, continued losing, and the reaction to the Frost era.

Trev knows this and is making the right move to staunch the bleeding having realized he bet wrong in keeping HCSF last fall thinking that new assistants would lead to a revival and save HCSF and at least save Trev the $7.5 million:wrong.

Now you act like a big boy program and pay the fine and move on, either that or go to FCS.

Last edited:

Just don't be celebratory about it folks. Change was clearly needed but Scott is not some villain... and I suspect he will get another OC job and do well. Scott will always be a good Husker in my heart.

Good leadership by Trev.... money be damned. I believe in him and his abilty to evaluate where we should be and who can get us there.

Just don't be celebratory about it folks. Change was clearly needed but Scott is not some villain... and I suspect he will get another OC job and do well. Scott will always be a good Husker in my heart.

Good leadership by Trev.... money be damned. I believe in him and his abilty to evaluate where we should be and who can get us there.
He’ll go work for Saban, learn how to be a coach, and he’ll likely end up being a successful coach

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back