• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost out; Mickey Joseph Named Interim Head Coach

Thought this be an appropriate spot to jump back in the fray. Like all Husker fans, I really wanted Frost to be ‘the man.’ Unfortunately, that didn’t transpire.

My two choices for replacement are Chris Petersen or Dave Aranda:

Petersen has shown he can win without having the best talent and would be a great personality fit in Lincoln. My only concern would be his former D-coordinator if he chooses to bring him along for the ride.

Aranda is defensive minded, knows what it takes to win in the Big 10, faces a lot of uncertainty in his current conference, and would also be a good personality fit in Lincoln.

Told myself when Frost was hired it was over for good if he couldn’t right the ship, and that may be the case, but now that we’re here I’m hoping the next guy is the man.

P5 OC maybe?

That sure seemed to be his niche.

I'm really not sure if that's his niche or not. When he was at Oregon, that was Chip Kelly's offense, not Frost's. Frost may have technically been calling the plays, but that's a bit like saying Solich was Osborne's offensive coordinator. He might have had that title, but everybody knows who really was in charge of the offense. Frost didn't have final say on offensive play calls until he went to UCF. There he did it mostly with the previous coach's players, and even the UCF team that went undefeated was undisciplined (one of the most heavily penalized teams in FBS that year.)

Very sad to see Frost fail but it was absolutely necessary to end the bleeding. He simply lacks the executive skills needed. These skills are innate and can not be learned IMO. He simply lacks the intellectual horsepower to succeed as a P5 head coach no matter how much time he spends with saban or belichick for that matter.

With that said, after almost 25 year of failure by high-risk, build-your-own head coaches, how about DONU finally hire a proven, winning head coach from a serious P5 program!!!!!

Why is this so darn hard?????

I for sure thought it would be after October 1st. Trev has obviously seen enough though. As a former player himself he is probably disgusted over yesterday. I hope he swings for the fences and finds a big name quick for recruiting sake, but who knows. I thought Scott would succeed, hell I wanted him to so bad. Wasn’t meant to be. He was in over his head for sure. I just hope we fix this. My son loves the Huskers as much as me now but he only knows losing. It sucks. Even he was like dad this is just getting old.

prudent-george-w-bush.gif

I think the powers felt the season had a slight chance yet to be salvaged because it's NOT a talent issue. IMO we have enough talent to be 3-0 but not with Frost and our DC in charge of anything. Frost should have announced Chin was FIRED yesterday after that totally embarrassing debacle. At least he would have shown that disaster was completely unacceptable but he knows our players are better then what happened. If the D had just 1 critical stop in both the NW and GS games we'd be 3-0 imo. Didn't happen and sadly the D pizzed away good offensive efforts in both games!

No idea how the team will respond for the OU game or even the rest of the season. Wish Frost would have worked out but no crying towel as he walks away a multi millionaire. He has all the time in the world to kick back, relax and reflect on exactly what went wrong.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back