• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost on football this fall

@Porkchopexpress

Reasonable take. Well thought out.

There are going to be positives in this age group, school or no school. Take a look around the country and pay attention to what teens and young adults are doing. They are not staying home. They’re not going to stay home. They’re going to spike positives with or without school and/or athletics. They might as well go to school and play sports if they’re going to be exposing themselves to the virus anyway. I understand that it’s not a popular take, but I think it’s honest and based in reality.

I don't disagree at all. In some ways, I think it would be better for kids to be at college, especially those located in smaller communities. I assume most college-aged kids had a job of some kind this summer. If they are out working a job in the summer, there's no reason why they couldn't be on campus in the fall.

Have you ever seen a petri dish before? A football stadium is not like a petri dish. These kinds of statements are not accurate and push an untruthful narrative that increases fear, not logic. Going to a gigantic, outdoor facility where people can easily social distance is not like being in a petri dish. I sure hope the people who are making these decisions understand these things.
"outdoor facility where people can easily social distance" ?!

Uhh....huh ? If you define social distancing by the 6 feet standard, then how can you say this ?! Talk about "pushing an untruthful narrative" ! :rolleyes:

"outdoor facility where people can easily social distance" ?!

Uhh....huh ? If you define social distancing by the 6 feet standard, then how can you say this ?! Talk about "pushing an untruthful narrative" ! :rolleyes:

If a stadium with capacity for 90K invites in 30K. Tells the fans: "hey, show up early and stand only on the red dots painted on the ground as you come into the stadium." Or create a schedule by which people from various seats are invited to move to their seats in order to prevent the rush. You miss your entry window, you can't come in.

These things aren't hard to think of. That seems like a pretty easy way to social distance.

Untruthful narrative? Ha. If you think social distancing is difficult in a massive outdoor stadium that has a total capacity for 90000 people then I honestly don't know how to explain it to you.

If a stadium with capacity for 90K invites in 30K. Tells the fans: "hey, show up early and stand only on the red dots painted on the ground as you come into the stadium." Or create a schedule by which people from various seats are invited to move to their seats in order to prevent the rush. You miss your entry window, you can't come in.

These things aren't hard to think of. That seems like a pretty easy way to social distance.

Untruthful narrative? Ha. If you think social distancing is difficult in a massive outdoor stadium that has a total capacity for 90000 people then I honestly don't know how to explain it to you.
Easy there.

You hadn't said you meant 30K in a 90K.

Even still I think it could be tough. Don't you see it in stores everywhere now?! They're all trying, what with signs and floor paintings and what not. But they weren't originally designed for this six feet thing so it doesn't work very well.

How are you going to put 30K in a stadium where rows have two ends? Can't put anyone inside the row as that would mean you're passing by someone within inches if not touching them to pass by them to get to your inside row seat. Same reason you can't open a movie theater, although, with some of the more recent movies as bad as they've been, social distancing would have been no problem. My guess is you're talking closer to 300 people.

Unfortunately, it's not looking good.

"There are very real discussions about playing a regional schedule if you can get away with it. One Big Ten school in the West Division supposedly has a tentative regional schedule in place, including, according to a source at that school, "multiple games against FCS schools."

Other Big Ten schools are thinking about scrapping the year altogether."

the idea of a regional schedule is bleeping ludicrous. What issue does it solve?

Easy there.

You hadn't said you meant 30K in a 90K.

Even still I think it could be tough. Don't you see it in stores everywhere now?! They're all trying, what with signs and floor paintings and what not. But they weren't originally designed for this six feet thing so it doesn't work very well.
I hear you. Someone earlier called it a petri dish and I read your lines about the difficulties of social distancing and I just keep thinking about how massive the place is. There are ways to make it happen!

The concern is the travel. If you can schedule regional games where you bus the team in and out the same day, then you minimize contact. No flying, no airports, no hotels, etc.
7 hour drive to mnpls...play a game....7 hour drive back. Sorry but texas that. That is completely ridiculous.

Just cancel the season already. The ideas floating around are dumb as hell. Players WILL get covid if there's a season. Period. We know this. So if that is going to be a problem...just get it over with.

7 hour drive to mnpls...play a game....7 hour drive back. Sorry but texas that. That is completely ridiculous.

Just cancel the season already. The ideas floating around are dumb as hell. Players WILL get covid if there's a season. Period. We know this. So if that is going to be a problem...just get it over with.

...and then the question will be liability....whether legal ramifications or not. Who wants to be the coach of a kid who dies? Coaches, the admin, BIG officials and the NCAA have tough decisions to make.

Players will get covid no matter what. Period. It doesn't matter if the season is cancelled, they will still get it at some point as there is no vaccine and there may never be one.
Just go ahead and play the season. Especially since their age bracket has virtually no severe risk from this virus.
Fans are where the risk is at, especially our older fans.

Players will get covid no matter what. Period. It doesn't matter if the season is cancelled, they will still get it at some point as there is no vaccine and there may never be one.
Just go ahead and play the season. Especially since their age bracket has virtually no severe risk from this virus.
Fans are where the risk is at, especially our older fans.
Right. But it seems that the powers that be are under some illusion that they can prevent it from happening.

If/When this season is cancelled it is going to be interesting to see what happens with eligibility and scholarship limits and with guys that have not played in a year and a half but want to take the leap to the NFL in 2021 that they had planned.

...and then the question will be liability....whether legal ramifications or not. Who wants to be the coach of a kid who dies? Coaches, the admin, BIG officials and the NCAA have tough decisions to make.

Who wants to be the coach of a kid who dies from the Flu? That is MUCH more likely than them dying from Covid

Zero chance of keeping 6 feet apart coming and going in and out of the stadium whether it's full or only one third full. Now that the experts are strongly considering the virus to be airborne, and with the way the wind swirls in Memorial Stadium, it is actually more like a petri dish than it is not. The bathroom situation alone would be impossible to social distance. You'd miss more than half the game in a six foot space of people waiting to pee.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back