• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost not all in on UCF title

Sometimes circumstances don't allow for a consensus national champion. In 1997 both Michigan and Nebraska claimed a NC. They did not play each other, so nobody will ever know who was better.

In 2017 we have the same situation. We see both UCF and Alabama claiming a NC. The CFP invitational tournament did not make room for the only unbeaten FBS team. Therefore Alabama and UCF did not play each other and nobody will ever know who was better.

In 1997, after we beat Tennessee in the Orange Bowl, SF pleaded for at least a share of the NC. He did not do that after beating Auburn in the Peach Bowl, but he could have. NC's can be shared.

We had a split NC in 1997. It did not bother me at all. We have a split NC in 2017. That does not bother me, either.

It does not have to be one or the other. Just like in 1997, a NC can be shared. One can recognize both Alabama and UCF as 2017's national champions.

I don’t make this claim lightly, because the competition is fierce, but this may be the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever posted.

I’m glad Frost isn’t buying into a fake championship.
Me too. At first it was kind of funny because it was getting under the Bama fan's skin. But then they had parades and now National Champions rings. They are kind of embarrassing themselves. But they did get a lot of publicity for the school and the program. So, good for them I guess.

Me too. At first it was kind of funny because it was getting under the Bama fan's skin. But then they had parades and now National Champions rings. They are kind of embarrassing themselves. But they did get a lot of publicity for the school and the program. So, good for them I guess.
Yeah, they really embarrassed themselves going undefeated.

:Rolleyes:

No, they embarrassed themselves after going undefeated. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
IVac.gif

On a local Nashville morning sports show this morning they were criticizing SF and his comments on this topic. One of the hosts made the brilliant statement that if they played in the SEC, they wouldn't beat Auburn. Guess that was Snowflake U they played in the Peach Bowl. :rolleyes: Also decided that if SF felt so strong about the topic he should give back his national championship bonus, and also that NU would be lucky to go 4-8 again this year. They need to stick to something they know (we're still waiting to find out what that is!).

On a local Nashville morning sports show this morning they were criticizing SF and his comments on this topic. One of the hosts made the brilliant statement that if they played in the SEC, they wouldn't beat Auburn. Guess that was Snowflake U they played in the Peach Bowl. :rolleyes: Also decided that if SF felt so strong about the topic he should give back his national championship bonus, and also that NU would be lucky to go 4-8 again this year. They need to stick to something they know (we're still waiting to find out what that is!).

Heard the same Boro on my way to work today ... always used to T me off when a particular radio host used to go back 15 or more years & bash on TO over Lawrence Phillips. Glad that hasn’t come up again lately ... probably will resurface when we become relevant again.

You should call that genius and tell him S.F. did not get a national championship bonus; the assistants did.

They aren’t winning every week in a power five. Could they beat anyone? Yes, one game, sure. They aren’t beating Alabama, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Texas AM, Mississippi State and Vanderbilt in successive weeks. Or, Texas, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Iowa State, Oklahoma, West Virginia and TCU. They aren’t running either schedule. They don’t have the depth for that. They’d probably hold their own, but they aren’t running either schedule, with half or more on the road. Frost probably knows as much. However, one game, winner take all? Yeah, maybe so, I could buy that. National Champs? No way.

Neither did the national champion.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back