• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost not all in on UCF title

That is understandable but it doesn't really matter. With Coach Frost the only thing that really matters right now is that he is all in with this...

Last edited:

I think you are correct. Sounds like SF has not read this, either, but of course SF no longer lives in Florida, so it does not apply to him (or to Troy Walters). But it does apply to UCF students and to all residents of Florida.

NATIONAL CHAMPION UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS

WHEREAS, Florida is home to the country’s best college football, having claimed 11 national championships between the University of Florida, the University of Miami and Florida State University; and

WHEREAS, the University of Central Florida (UCF) Knights won the American Athletic Conference Championship by beating the Memphis Tigers, 62-55, on December 2, 2017; and

WHEREAS, on January 1, 2018, the UCF Knights completed an undefeated football season by beating the Auburn Tigers in the Peach Bowl, 34-27; and

WHEREAS, the UCF Knights are the only undefeated team in NCAA Division I football this season; and

WHEREAS, on November 11, 2017, the Auburn Tigers, who lost to the UCF Knights, beat the Georgia Bulldogs, 40-17; and

WHEREAS, on November 25, 2017, the Auburn Tigers, who lost to the UCF Knights, beat the Alabama Crimson Tide, 26-14; and

WHEREAS, the College Football Playoff final on Monday, January 8, 2018, is between the Alabama Crimson Tide and the Georgia Bulldogs, who both lost to the Auburn Tigers, who lost to the UCF Knights;

NOW, THEREFORE, I, Rick Scott, Governor of the State of Florida, do hereby proclaim that the UCF Knights are this season’s best college football team and will be recognized as the 2017 College Football National Champions in Florida.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of Florida to be affixed at Tallahassee, the Capital, this 8th day of January, in the year two thousand eighteen.

https://www.flgov.com/2018/01/08/go...ights-football-national-champions-in-florida/

th

Last edited:
Sometimes circumstances don't allow for a consensus national champion. In 1997 both Michigan and Nebraska claimed a NC. They did not play each other, so nobody will ever know who was better.

In 2017 we have the same situation. We see both UCF and Alabama claiming a NC. The CFP invitational tournament did not make room for the only unbeaten FBS team. Therefore Alabama and UCF did not play each other and nobody will ever know who was better.

In 1997, after we beat Tennessee in the Orange Bowl, SF pleaded for at least a share of the NC. He did not do that after beating Auburn in the Peach Bowl, but he could have. NC's can be shared.

We had a split NC in 1997. It did not bother me at all. We have a split NC in 2017. That does not bother me, either.

It does not have to be one or the other. Just like in 1997, a NC can be shared. One can recognize both Alabama and UCF as 2017's national champions.

Last edited:
I consider UCF the undisputed national champs of 2017. I refuse to recognize Alabama's tainted claims.

They aren’t winning every week in a power five. Could they beat anyone? Yes, one game, sure. They aren’t beating Alabama, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Texas AM, Mississippi State and Vanderbilt in successive weeks. Or, Texas, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Iowa State, Oklahoma, West Virginia and TCU. They aren’t running either schedule. They don’t have the depth for that. They’d probably hold their own, but they aren’t running either schedule, with half or more on the road. Frost probably knows as much. However, one game, winner take all? Yeah, maybe so, I could buy that. National Champs? No way.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back