• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost & Moos want to play Big 8 schools again

Boji, I believe we all have different experiences which shape our feelings of a fan base, and most will differ from others. I've been to Husker away games at ISU three times and to UI three times and every time was treated badly in Ames and well at Iowa City. However, to be honest the trips were a long time ago, the most recent being in 2004. Back when I went to ISU, we were in the same conference and they were sick of us beating them. And I've never been to Iowa City while we were in the Big Ten. Things may have changed regarding the receptions to Husker fans.

I'll be at the Colorado and Maryland away games this year, btw.
I will be at Colorado as well and am contemplating Maryland as it is fairly close from Florida.

I've been to a game in Ames while wearing Husker garb and sitting in Iowa State seats, and they were very courteous to us. I'm also curious how you rate OU fans? I haven't been to a game there, but the OU fans that I know have generally been much less likely to be petty, spiteful sorts of people.

I've been to 5 NU vs OU games in Norman and had mixed experiences. Cecil Samora, the older gentleman with OU on his front teeth and a fancy Sooner car was a fine gentleman and nice to me and my family.

I can't stand the Ruf-Neks. They tried to intimidate me one time on the street with their paddles. They were originally founded with the express intent of intimidating visiting teams and fans. They admitted it on their web site, but have since taken that down. They are an embarrassment to OU, in my opinion.

Generally I don't care too much for the way I and my kids have been treated down there. One time a Sooner fan insulted my little girl and I damn near assaulted him for it.

When we chanted "Husker Power" in the stands their fans would add "SUCKS" every time, which is bush.

Once when we were leaving a game a Sooner fan intentionally blocked our car for a long time.

I'm trying to remember meeting a nice fan one on one down there, but with the exception of Mr. Samora, I can't think of any.

I guess I'd put Sooner fans when they are in Norman in the lower half of the fans I've met while on road trips.

Once again, however, I know that each of us have unique experiences whenever we go to away games. Most of the Husker fans I know would say the Colorado and Missouri fans were the rudest. For me it was Iowa State and Penn State fans.

I've been to 5 NU vs OU games in Norman and had mixed experiences. Cecil Samora, the older gentleman with OU on his front teeth and a fancy Sooner car was a fine gentleman and nice to me and my family.

I can't stand the Ruf-Neks. They tried to intimidate me one time on the street with their paddles. They were originally founded with the express intent of intimidating visiting teams and fans. They admitted it on their web site, but have since taken that down. They are an embarrassment to OU, in my opinion.

Generally I don't care too much for the way I and my kids have been treated down there. One time a Sooner fan insulted my little girl and I damn near assaulted him for it.

When we chanted "Husker Power" in the stands their fans would add "SUCKS" every time, which is bush.

Once when we were leaving a game a Sooner fan intentionally blocked our car for a long time.

I'm trying to remember meeting a nice fan one on one down there, but with the exception of Mr. Samora, I can't think of any.

I guess I'd put Sooner fans when they are in Norman in the lower half of the fans I've met while on road trips.

Once again, however, I know that each of us have unique experiences whenever we go to away games. Most of the Husker fans I know would say the Colorado and Missouri fans were the rudest. For me it was Iowa State and Penn State fans.
Your experiences in Norman are very similar to mine. i'll never go there again and truly have no respect for the Sooner football program or it's fans.

Not so sure ... Lincoln Riley has them humming along pretty good right now.

No matter how good they are, we still need to win those games... Frost vs. Riley poses a matchup for the ages, especially in year 4 of Frost and co.

There’s also a very realistic chance that Lincoln Riley will be a head coach in the NFL before then. You never know.

Last edited:
I think the consensus here is:
  • Texas Longhorns = Bad
  • State of Texas Recruiting = Good
If that's the case, I'm happy to line up games with TCU (even though we were never conference-mates), Texas A&M and Texas Tech. Baylor doesn't really provide access to much geography that TCU/A&M don't already cover, plus TTU gets you the northern/western side out in Lubbock.

Would be kind of funny to keep snatching recruits away from Bevo while dancing all around them and never scheduling a game.

IMO, that comes off as weak. Texas owns us record-wise, we shouldn’t be afraid to give them some payback. It’s definitely due. There’s not much I and many other Husker fans would love more than to see us beat Texas again.

IMO, that comes off as weak. Texas owns us record-wise, we shouldn’t be afraid to give them some payback. It’s definitely due. There’s not much I and many other Husker fans would love more than to see us beat Texas again.
For me, it's not so much they owned us on the field, because you're right--it would be sweet to get that monkey off our backs. It's that Texas is the reason it's the Big XII - 4 + 2. They ruined the Southwest Conference and then they ruined the Big XII.

Screw 'em horns.

reverse horns.png

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back