• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost Koolaid

I agree but would add that its also time to start looking like we are winning in our losses. This is a tough schedule this year with the quality of road games we have. While some of our games in the last two years were close losses...…...we looked like we couldn't get out of our own way in regards to poor play in most of them. Especially in the 4th quarter.

Third qtr offensive woes and 4th qtr defensive woes.

I know it may not be popular around here, but I still really like Scott Frost and the Husker football team. I think they're getting better, and I think that some people will feel silly for doubting them in the very near future.
Go
Big
Freakin'
Red!

I know it may not be popular around here, but I still really like Scott Frost and the Husker football team. I think they're getting better, and I think that some people will feel silly for doubting them in the very near future.
Go
Big
Freakin'
Red!
Well, we did improve our win total from 4 to 5 last year. Technically, that is an improvement. ;)

Lou Holtz who uttered these very words after his top 5 1992 Notre Dame team beat a Navy team that would finish 1-10 by a score of 38-7.

“That might be one of the finest service academy football teams I’ve ever seen”.

That Lou Holtz.
There is the possibility that he hadn't seen a lot of service academy football teams? If they could have whipped the Coast Guard Academy team and the one from the Merchant Marine Academy as well as the gals from the Women's Army Corp, maybe that '92 Navy team did look pretty impressive to good ol' Lou.

:Sarcastic:

Last edited:
I don’t have choice. I love Husker football. They’re our boys. I can’t say I think they’re getting better, but I’ll read every article and watch every game until I can’t see anymore. And then I’ll just listen. Or have someone direct feed a play-by-play into my brain.

Agreed, but I'm simply making the point that not only was the cupboard stocked, he never did as well afterward again.
Ever see his mansion? I ponder he did quite well afterwards.
1583460944745.png
;)

Go
Big
Freakin'
Red!
I think most of us like Scott Frost. I hope you’re right. Any other coach and many of us would want them out after 9-15, and 2 losing seasons with no Bowl game. There might be 2 posters on this board who would have predicted something like a 9-15 start, and I haven’t seen them post. Point is, me, you, or most anyone else didn’t predict 9-15. The team looking terrible while getting their ass kicked didn’t help either. That raised a lot of eyebrows.

I still think, along with many others, yourself included, that there is still much hope. I keep thinking the light switch is just gonna click. I thought it would last year. I know all of NU’s players don’t suck. It’s a matter of getting everyone together, let the talent shine, feed off of it, and then take off. There is some talent here.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back