• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Front page article "Big Ten Coaches Talk Anonymously"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose, if all you really wanted to do was get rid of a guy who already won at that level. 9-3 ain't gonna win any championships, and I thought the whole point of the Riley hire was supposed to be about that.

Do you think that anyone who wanted that douche fired thought championships would result immediately?

Do you think that anyone who wanted that douche fired thought championships would result immediately?
No, I knew the only reason anyone wanted him fired was because they were embarrassed by him, for whatever reason they gave. It was never about winning championships, except that is exactly what those douches claimed.

Pressure will be on this season. The past too many seasons this team had a less than impressive opener. The Fresno State game HOPEFULLY will be in hand by the middle of the third quarter. Teams improve most between game one and two if that's the case Wyoming should see a lot of the second and third string.
Then the Ducks roll in.

MSU, maybe. I happen to think both Iowa and UCLA were vastly overrated last year. Having said that, Iowa kicked our butts last year, admittedly because we lost Gerry late, and Tommy reverted to form, but we still got schooled.

Looking at the stats, you would've thought we won that game. We gave up two big plays and threw 4 interceptions. Without those 4 interceptions, we win that game. We didn't get "schooled" by Iowa.

Only thing I disagree with is saying that we "ran the last guy out for winning nine games a year."
That must have been Urban's comment.

It's is partially true. Because if the last guy would have been winning eleven games a year, his douchebaggery wouldn't have got him run off.
Agreed, that's a relatively shallow view of what happened with Bo. He obviously had a very strained relationship with his staff and he cultivated an unhealthy amount of "us against the world" with the team. That got him fired more than anything. Melvin Gordon breaking the single season rushing record against a husker d line that has 3 players in the nfl now didn't help. Also a linebacker who is in the NFL now. Probably a few other players who played that day will eventually find their way to the NFL. Talentless Iowa somehow managed to hold Gordon to half the amount of yards we did.

Anyways...my point is Bo got blown out too much and made some enemies with the administration. That is why he got fired. Now why we hired Riley...I have no idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

Texasing hater
No, I don't hate Nebraska Football. Quite the opposite actually. I'll root for them to win every game they play this season, and that's all it takes to be a fan. But I try to approach games/seasons with a somewhat realistic set of expectations. Riley's a sub 0.500 coach at Nebraska, the lines are completely new, and Riley loves to throw the ball. His QB has some issues with that. I'm not getting my hopes up. 3-5 losses sounds about right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back