• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Front page article "Big Ten Coaches Talk Anonymously"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, we're an average team that has earned the spot we're in. Shocking the world would be great, though.

I disagree, I think we're above average. The team went through a lot of changes last year and by the end of the year, they were going down to the wire with teams like Michigan State, Iowa, and UCLA. We even won 2 out of 3 those games in the final stretch of the season. For some reason, some people refuse to acknowledge that the program has been trending upward in every way since the MSU game.

Yes and our previous QB spelled it Tommie. both are common spellings and sometimes my over 50 mind confuses the two. Sorry such a simple mistake makes you so crazy.
Just call him "Whetherman". That will put him off his feed for a week. ;)

I disagree, I think we're above average. The team went through a lot of changes last year and by the end of the year, they were going down to the wire with teams like Michigan State, Iowa, and UCLA. We even won 2 out of 3 those games in the final stretch of the season. For some reason, some people refuse to acknowledge that the program has been trending upward in every way since the MSU game.

Trending upward in every way? C'mon, Tex. We still gave up nearly 500 total yards to Michigan State, a defensive-minded team that only averaged 385 yards per game on the season. We gave up almost that much through the air alone against them (Cook's 2nd best passing game of the season). We had a nice game against Rutgers, but still scored fewer points (31) than what that horrible team gave up throughout the season (35). Against Iowa we gave up big plays, committed 4 turnovers, and were miserable in the kicking game (0 punt return yards, 20 kickoff return yards, allowed 4 punts downed inside the 20, etc). UCLA was a good showing, I will give you that.

We were a little better the last 1/4 of the season, but still very inconsistent in all 3 phases of the game. We were not an above average team last year, and the coaches apparently think we're not a whole lot better this year. We need to prove it. So far, it's all just hope and speculation. The actual results have been "meh."

Excellent! I believe you'll have many customers when it's perfected. :Rolf::Rolf:

I was working on a distribution deal with Walmart, but they didn't understand the 'troll' reference much like the trolls on here. I'll have to work on a more sophisticated distributor.

I can ask a hundred college football fans that are friends and co workers of mine who won the NC and the majority would say Alabama I can ask the same 100 who won the FCS championship and less than ten percent would know. FCS is irrelevant except to the schools in it. No more soup for you.

C
Flippin' HILARIOUS!!!!
rolling.gif

Last edited:
MSU, maybe. I happen to think both Iowa and UCLA were vastly overrated last year. Having said that, Iowa kicked our butts last year, admittedly because we lost Gerry late, and Tommy reverted to form, but we still got schooled.

Wrong, but we do see post after post from you basically hoping it's not true.
Are you honestly telling us that there have been no posts assuring all of us that this staff has turned the corner, or figured it out? Maybe you need to go back and read your own posts.

Trending upward in every way? C'mon, Tex. We still gave up nearly 500 total yards to Michigan State, a defensive-minded team that only averaged 385 yards per game on the season. We gave up almost that much through the air alone against them (Cook's 2nd best passing game of the season). We had a nice game against Rutgers, but still scored fewer points (31) than what that horrible team gave up throughout the season (35). Against Iowa we gave up big plays, committed 4 turnovers, and were miserable in the kicking game (0 punt return yards, 20 kickoff return yards, allowed 4 punts downed inside the 20, etc). UCLA was a good showing, I will give you that.

We were a little better the last 1/4 of the season, but still very inconsistent in all 3 phases of the game. We were not an above average team last year, and the coaches apparently think we're not a whole lot better this year. We need to prove it. So far, it's all just hope and speculation. The actual results have been "meh."

The loss to Purdue, and the incompetent game plan and execution that led to it, showed our program was at rock bottom. We were 3-6, and just lost to one of the worst programs ever. The only way to go was up. Just showing up to the game the following week was a trend upward.

We beat MS cuz they looked past us and phoned it in, while our coaches and players finally played up to their potential and caught MS off guard. Rutgers and Iowa are overrated wins.

Last edited:
Are you honestly telling us that there have been no posts assuring all of us that this staff has turned the corner, or figured it out? Maybe you need to go back and read your own posts.

You seem to have a hard time grasping the subtleties of life. There's a difference between saying something definitive and being optimistic. Sorry it bugs you so much that some true fans want to actually believe things are going to get better. Now get off my lawn!

You seem to have a hard time grasping the subtleties of life. There's a difference between saying something definitive and being optimistic. Sorry it bugs you so much that some true fans want to actually believe things are going to get better. Now get off my lawn!
How many lawns can one SoCal defile? Inquiring minds want to know. :O O:

The loss to Purdue, and the incompetent game plan and execution that led to it, showed our program was at rock bottom. We were 3-6, and just lost to one of the worst programs ever. The only way to go was up. Just showing up to the game the following week was a trend upward.

We beat MS cuz they looked past us and phoned it in, while our coaches and players finally played up to their potential and caught MS off guard. Rutgers and Iowa are overrated wins.

That game plan was not incompetent, DL got caught cheating. He thought he had something in RF that he did not have in TA and it bit him and the whole team right in the keister. I bet they figured that RF could make the throws and Purdue was the perfect scrub to test their theory. I am sure they learned a valuable lesson.

C

That game plan was not incompetent, DL got caught cheating. He thought he had something in RF that he did not have in TA and it bit him and the whole team right in the keister. I bet they figured that RF could make the throws and Purdue was the perfect scrub to test their theory. I am sure they learned a valuable lesson.

C

Not sure what you mean by cheating, but you may be right in that he gambled and lost. That happens a lot. If you take a chance and it works, you're a genius. If it doesn't work, you're an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back