• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Former West. Mich. head coach and Texas DC Gary Darnell has joined NU as a defensive consultant

Love the "Californians" avatar!

M7qw7.gif

This move proves that Steve Pederson's mantra still holds true today. NU will not accept mediocrity.

Was the deal with Diaco, you cant replace anyone on staff but you can bring in consultants? Also what's the rule for consultants on the sideline? I'd assume that's a no but I recall Jamrog on the sidelines with Pelini and he wasn't technically a coach so?

I really do not know what the deal was when he was hired by Coach Riley.

Consultants from what I understand can not be on the side-line during a game. Jamrog was not a consultant as I recall

This move proves that Steve Pederson's mantra still holds true today. NU will not accept mediocrity.

It also proves you are trolling a thread again for no reason at all. Thus you are banned from further posting in it.

RR

Any idea what his role will actually be? Overall game-plan stuff? Analyzing film? He's another almost-septuagenarian that appears to have been out of coaching for a decade... how much can we pull out of him?

How many consultants are we allowed to have? There's a limit on actual coaches, but are we allowed to hire as many non-coaches as we want?

Bringing in experienced minds to bounce ideas off of cant be a bad thing. I like the brain trust they've got in Lincoln. I wonder how much of an immediate impact he could have though.

Quite a bit with his back ground and in-depth understanding of the game. Keeping in mind Diaco worked for him at WMU so they know each other very well.

Bringing in experienced minds to bounce ideas off of cant be a bad thing. I like the brain trust they've got in Lincoln. I wonder how much of an immediate impact he could have though.

Any idea what his role will actually be? Overall game-plan stuff? Analyzing film? He's another almost-septuagenarian that appears to have been out of coaching for a decade... how much can we pull out of him?
Who is/was the other one?

BTW, I'm glad to hear that a guy like Diaco doesn't think he has all the answers and is confident enough to bring in guys he learned from, knowing how much they have to offer...or, as you would say "how much he can pull out of them."

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back