• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Forbes Most Valuable College Teams 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what I don't get: Our program has been fair to middling for over a decade, yet we are still #10 in supposed value, and we toss off a profit of $35 million a year.

If we wanted to get really serious about being a national contender again, why would we not break out the checkbook and pay ridiculous money for a Les Miles, Harbaugh, or similar?

Looks like that concept has worked out nicely for Alabama - several national championships and a sparkling bottom line.

Are we penny wise pound foolish?

I think you have to look at other sources of revenue for Alabama. For winning the BCS championship last year, the conference got $23.6 million. Thats just from Alabama. Plus the BCS pays out all the conferences as well. The SEC didnt get as much as the B1G last year from TV revenue, but Alabama is getting a full share of their split, where we arent... yet. But add all that up and that may be the big difference right now. Expect us to move up the revenue latter once we get full share of B1G revenue.

And I dont think SE is afraid to open up the checkbook. The next few years will be tell tale in that though. If Bo starts winning big, SE may have to bump his pay, or if Bo falters, he will have to open it up for the next coach.

Last edited:

I think you have to look at other sources of revenue for Alabama. For winning the BCS championship last year, the conference got $23.6 million. Thats just from Alabama. Plus the BCS pays out all the conferences as well. The SEC didnt get as much as the B1G last year from TV revenue, but Alabama is getting a full share of their split, where we arent... yet. But add all that up and that may be the big difference right now. Expect us to move up the revenue latter once we get full share of B1G revenue.

And I dont think SE is afraid to open up the checkbook. The next few years will be tell tale in that though. If Bo starts winning big, SE may have to bump his pay, or if Bo falters, he will have to open it up for the next coach.
Should Bo become a popular commodity again SE will be forced to make a decision. Don't that will happen unless Bo wins something and has an outstanding season. Those coaches are the flavor of the month and their name is in play... true or not. We haven't really heard his name mentioned for any other coaching jobs such as Texass, etc. After 09 we heard his name mentioned a lot for other coaching positions but for now that's died out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back