• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Florida State & Huskers only teams ranked in top 20 for offense and defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go figure...the SOS that is....and yet the Huskers were dropped a spot by the AP voters today....Huskers D is now ranked 19th in the country....actually a spot above the O which is ranked 20th....go figure...huh?...:)

And to think some folks don't think we have a good coaching staff....go figure huh...:)

Kirk Bovill
@wahooslim

@HuskerExtraSip Florida State & Huskers only teams ranked in top 20 for offense and defense. Schedule strength? FSU-84, NEB-3. AP VOTERS?

@HuskerExtraSip USC is 1-4 against teams w winning records. Another poser. I listened to Kiffin boast of preseason #1 at USC jr day. Smh

he may be good... I just dont like him, and OK I don't think he is that good. Team is undisciplined....have 27 turnovers and on and on.

Last edited:

Which is your right not to like him....on the otherhand doesn't make him a bad coach....as you pointed out....

he may be good... I just dont like him, and OK I don't thing he isnt that good. Team is undisciplined....have 27 turnovers and on and on.

Do you think UCLA would beat us on a neutral field? Thats what polls should really be about IMO. But they aren't and Notre Dame is #1.

Doesn't really matter because they beat us the one and only time we played them this year and they made us look foolish while doing it. All I'm saying is that in the case of UCLA vs Nebraska in 2012 voters have one game of objective evidence to go on. In that one game they hung 653 yards on our defense and they beat us 36-30. So how can you justify ranking us ahead of them when they beat us head to head?

And to answer your question, I have no idea. That would be a much easier question if you could guarantee me which Husker team was going to show up :)

No kidding, we should have put the full court press on for Mike Stoops. Did you see Oklahoma's D last night?

that was painful to watch... yeah the big XII has some explosive offenses but can you really consider giving up 700+ yds a win?

36-30 is not making someone look foolish...I was at that game and it could have gone either way.....not to mention Nebraska had 555 yards of total offense...including two 100 yard rushers....with that being said they did win and deserve to be ranked higher because both teams have 2 losses each....then again they did get blown out by a very bad Cal team 43-17....which gives an argument to ranking them behind Nebraska too...and close wins over Utah. Washington State and Arizona State...none of are great teams...

Same could be said for UCLA too...which team would show up?

Doesn't really matter because they beat us the one and only time we played them this year and they made us look foolish while doing it. All I'm saying is that in the case of UCLA vs Nebraska in 2012 voters have one game of objective evidence to go on. In that one game they hung 653 yards on our defense and they beat us 36-30. So how can you justify ranking us ahead of them when they beat us head to head?

And to answer your question, I have no idea. That would be a much easier question if you could guarantee me which Husker team was going to show up :)

Last edited:
Oh c'mon, I think most of the criticisms that have been levied against the staff this year have been valid and fair. Let's wait until we win the division before drinking the whole glass of kool-aid. But we are sitting pretty right now :)

Oh yeah, this staff hasn't developed this team into a top 15 team. I believe they have turned this team grou
p into much more than we could have asked. BTW whoever connotes on stoops I assume it was sarcasm. OU got lit up last night.

36-30 is not making someone look foolish...I was at that game and it could have gone either way.....not to mention Nebraska had 555 yards of total offense...including two 100 yard rushers....with that being said they did win and deserve to be ranked higher because both teams have 2 losses each....then again they did get blown out by a very bad Cal team 43-17....which gives an argument to ranking them behind Nebraska too...and close wins over Utah. Washington State and Arizona State...none of are great teams...

Same could be said for UCLA too...which team would show up?

Ok I'll give you that, the final score of 36-30 is not making someone look foolish. I should have said that the 653 yards they gained against us made our defense look foolish. Would you argue that?

We could play the "well they haven't really beaten anybody" card all day and it wouldn't matter. For example, that very bad Cal team that you mention went into the Horseshoe and gave tOSU all they wanted and probably played well enough to win the game. We went into the Horseshoe and got blasted 63-38, so does that mean we're worse than Cal? Of course it doesn't. That's why head to head matchups are the strongest bit of evidence for most voters.

Last edited:
No that is far...and we made theie D look foolish too.....

Our D had grown since that game....their D not so much....a rematch I would not mind seeing....even on their home field...then again I think Stanford will beat them....

Fun stuff we could argue about all night...:) :)

Ok I'll give you that, the final score of 36-30 is not making someone look foolish. I should have said that they made our defense look foolish. Would you argue that?

We could play the "well they haven't really beaten anybody" card all day and it wouldn't matter. For example, that very bad Cal team that you mention went into the Horseshoe and gave tOSU all they wanted and probably played well enough to win the game. We went into the Horseshoe and got blasted 63-38, so does that mean we're worse than Cal? Of course it doesn't. That's why head to head matchups are the strongest bit of evidence for most voters.

No that is far...and we made theie D look foolish too.....

Our D had grown since that game....their D not so much....a rematch I would not mind seeing....even on their home field...then again I think Stanford will beat them....

Fun stuff we could argue about all night...:) :)

Yep, that's the great thing about sports!:thumbsup:

And I also think Stanford will beat them, fairly handily.

Last edited:
Really hope Stanford wins Sat just so Oregon is out of the Rose Bowl picture...it would be fun and cool to play Stanford...UCLA....not so much

Yeah I do too....that front seven on Stanford's D is nasty....UCLA like Oregon will struggle to get anything going against them...

Yep, that's the great thing about sports!:thumbsup:

And I also think Stanford will beat them, fairly handily.

Really hope Stanford wins Sat just so Oregon is out of the Rose Bowl picture...it would be fun and cool to play Stanford...UCLA....not so much

Then Stanford will have to beat UCLA two weeks in a row if they are going to be the PAC12 rep to the Rose.

Florida State & Huskers only teams ranked in top 20 for offense and defense

Give me the rose bowl and I would be willing to see NU play the 49ers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back