• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fixing the B1G/SEC Mess

The fact that the B1G and SEC didn't want them this past year, speaks volumes about their future. They aren't going to make the cut unless a whole lot of other schools make it too.
I'm not sure that the B1G/SEC is done taking some of the lesser programs. I think they are just being strategic.. in saying that I agree with you. It’s a tough cut line.

fresh off the interview with TA, talk about the non-con schedule and anyone that thinks those games are gonna be against sec teams or even home and away series.

Too many under financed teams in this mix.

Mega conference will coalesce around only those teams that can "afford" to play in their league.

Think 40-48 teams at the maximum who can afford the kind of money for NIL, stadiums, athletic facilities, travel, etc at the elite level (OSU, Michigan, Alabama, Georgia).

You know, the ability to fire a coach with a $75 million buy out and not even flinch...........

Take out Arizona, ASU, Utah, Colorado, Oklahoma State, TCU, Pitt, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Cal, Stanford, Duke, Louisville, NC State, and Georgia Tech.

That's D1

The remaining teams drop down to the poor kids division.

You do realize that Oklahoma State is in the top 10 of college football’s winningest programs over the last 15 years? Just under 60 total national championships at the school, placing it fifth overall.

You do realize that Oklahoma State is in the top 10 of college football’s winningest programs over the last 15 years? Just under 60 total national championships at the school, placing it fifth overall.
Poor kids division only relates to football where OSU has no titles.

They now sit in a conference that has unequal strength and revenue with 2 others. It's a matter of time before it effects competiveness.

Dude, this is good! If this is original work, kudos! Can the teams/divisions be tweaked? Of course, but I like it

So
Poor kids division only relates to football where OSU has no titles.

They now sit in a conference that has unequal strength and revenue with 2 others. It's a matter of time before it effects competiveness.
Indiana and Illinois stay but OSU gets the boot. Sounds logical.

So

Indiana and Illinois stay but OSU gets the boot. Sounds logical.
It's unfortunate. Vanderbilt is another one to have the luck of being in the right place.

The BIG, ACC and others should form their own league with how CFB was. No or little NIL and control coaches salaries. By controlling costs and getting decent TV revenue they could net what BIG/SEC does considering the pace they will keep spending, and keep their other sports funded.

In that environment, there may be teams that choose to get out of the arms race. I also think fans would appreciate it. I would follow Tech in that league and it would be a system they would have a shot at winning.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back