• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Favorite actor/actress

BigNed

Cafe Bro
15 Year Member
I have watched a lot of movies. My favorites have changed over time. When a movie came out with their name in it, you jut knew it would be good.

Here is a short list of my all time. I'm older. Many honorable mentions not listed.

Paul Newman
John Wayne
Steve Mc Queen
Denzel Washington
Eva Mendes
Al Pacino
Morgan Freeman

Favorite movies?

I have watched a lot of movies. My favorites have changed over time. When a movie came out with their name in it, you jut knew it would be good.

Here is a short list of my all time. I'm older. Many honorable mentions not listed.

Paul Newman
John Wayne
Steve Mc Queen
Denzel Washington
Eva Mendes
Al Pacino
Morgan Freeman

Favorite movies?
Good list. I would add Tom Cruise and Ryan Reynolds

Paul Newman
John Wayne
Steve Mc Queen
Denzel Washington
Eva Mendes
Al Pacino
Morgan Freeman

Favorite movies?

I used to be a huge fan of Robert DeNiro, but he's kind of become a caricature of himself. I always liked McQueen. Robert Shaw was a great actor, but did some mediocre movies and died too soon as well.

The more recent guys I like are actors like Leonardo DiCaprio. I really thought he was a knob when he first started acting. He may still actually be a knob IRL, but he's a helluva actor. Robert Downey Jr. is another who's really actually a good actor. Anthony Hopkins is another I almost always like, but he's started doing bad movies just to keep making money. Ed Norton is really good and isn't in much. Don't know who he pissed off. Cillian Murphy is good as well.

As far as actresses, Helen Miren. She's been a favorite of mine since I was a teenager and saw her in Excalibur. Rebecca Hall has been good in everything I've seen her in. Laura Linney is a great actress. Vera Farmiga is good as well.

The movies thing is too long to list, but some I can't change the channel on if they're on TV and usually derail a winter afternoon are:

Jaws
Goodfellas
Saving Private Ryan
Highlander
The Thing (1980's Kurt Russell version)

I used to be a huge fan of Robert DeNiro, but he's kind of become a caricature of himself. I always liked McQueen. Robert Shaw was a great actor, but did some mediocre movies and died too soon as well.

The more recent guys I like are actors like Leonardo DiCaprio. I really thought he was a knob when he first started acting. He may still actually be a knob IRL, but he's a helluva actor. Robert Downey Jr. is another who's really actually a good actor. Anthony Hopkins is another I almost always like, but he's started doing bad movies just to keep making money. Ed Norton is really good and isn't in much. Don't know who he pissed off. Cillian Murphy is good as well.

As far as actresses, Helen Miren. She's been a favorite of mine since I was a teenager and saw her in Excalibur. Rebecca Hall has been good in everything I've seen her in. Laura Linney is a great actress. Vera Farmiga is good as well.

The movies thing is too long to list, but some I can't change the channel on if they're on TV and usually derail a winter afternoon are:

Jaws
Goodfellas
Saving Private Ryan
Highlander
The Thing (1980's Kurt Russell version)
I was an extra in a movie with Leonardo DiCaprio, yes, he is still a knob.

James Best

4231281_o.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back