• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

External Review Finds Racial Bias, Bullying In Iowa Football Program

It doesn't matter if it is warranted or not in today's climate...
Probably correct. I would have to ask myself if its worth the agony to stay on as head coach. It is not going to be easy for ANY head coach going forward. It certainly seems there is much validity to some of this stuff but I'm worried about what happens going forward in todays climate. A kid doesn't start and he feels its a racist thing? I'm also confused with the statement that you have to act like a white player and can't be yourself. Does that mean wearing your pants around your waist? Just not sure how far that is taken without some specifics.

It doesn't matter if it is warranted or not in today's climate...

I guess we will see. I'm in agreement with you on today's climate, but I still have my doubts about Iowa bowing to the cancel culture. I'm probably 100% wrong, but I just didn't see anything too crazy in there, but that's my opinion only.

Eh... I disagree. There is some bad stuff, but I doubt it warrants his firing. Could be wrong, but it will probably be an apology and a donation to some charity.
He's not getting fired. Nothing is new here. They basically just wasted money to show everyone "yep, we already addressed this." They will come back and say "we obviously should have done better being on top of this, we look to be better moving forward."

This was a massive nothing burger. Again. For the third time in July.

I've followed this fairly close. Seems like ESPN is out to get Iowa a little bit. They ran their article in early June and that resulted in Doyle being fired, very little came out since then but ESPN basically ran the exact same article on Monday, seeing if it would gain more traction.

Now that the official review is done, it sounds like 3-4 coaches were to blame and they will likely be dealt with. Brian Ferentz is likely done in my opinion but the ESPN article and this official review seem to pretty empathically support Kirk Ferentz continuing to be coach.

If this were a normal year with out of conference games, I could see Kirk being punished for a game or two but it doesn't look like any real fallout will come except for a couple assistants. Maybe since it is Kirk's son, that might lead to Kirk sticking his neck out and maybe some fallout comes that way...

Iowa’s “empathy” is less expensive than a $40M buyout or whatever it’s up to now after their most recent extension.

Barta has had 8 lives already...he might be the fall guy.

I see they recommended that Ferentz not be fired! We will see.
And that sentiment seems to be shared with former players. I think changes are coming, but Brian becoming the groomed handpicked successor is not gonna happen, a new HC isn't going to happen IMO.
Just my thoughts, but the players, former and current feel that many changes have happened and if that is the case, isn't that what this is all about...Fire, Fire, Fire is what the press wants to throw out. Not Change, Change, Change.

You are more than likely right however, this is going to hurt recruiting a great deal as it should
Or, can the changes that have taken place and continuing to take place make a recruit feel like they can be part of that change and things will be better? Gotta admit, as a HS teacher, I try to figure out what the teens are thinking when they do things and find they are no different then me as a teen. Athletes at area schools are constantly looking for ways to get to the next level, transfer to a HS on probation but puts more players at div. 1 schools is the most common. I see that with Iowa. Want to play OL or DB at next level..look what we've done and who we've put in the NFL. Just my thought. But it will be interesting to see what chips fall and if students follow suit.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back