• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Explanation of name

Welcome aboard, cool story & name choice... suppose I should've chosen Vin Brownson ;) Can totally relate as our extended family were all Devaney enthusiasts, part of the "TO will never get it done" crowd - Thanksgiving & bowl season were always fun discussions.

There seem to be numerous Scat Frost(s) these days. :Biggrin:

Last edited:

I believe TO was the greatest college football coach ever,

tom Osborne is indeed the greatest. Kinda like the heisman trophy automatically goes to the QB on the best team, greatest coach has to be the one that coaches the greatest team. Not only did he win 3 natties of his own but he was instrumental in Bob Devaneys 2 titles while he was the OC. And he did all that while staying put and finishing his business rather than running off to greener pastures. And did I mention that he did it in Lincoln Nebraska? Not exactly a hot bed for recruiting. How did nick saban, les miles, urban Meyers….etc do while not in the heart of recruiting hot beds? How long did they stick around? What did they do to make young men better off the field? Lots of great coaches in the history college football, and none have a better resume than doctor Tom!!

My initials are in there. My dad, rest his soul, called me that for years. It was his nickname for me . No Hispanic heritage. So what's happening?

I initially thought Lincoln Riley was a son of Mike Riley. Or else brothers or cousins or nephew or something like that. Blood relative.

Sean and Bill Callahan was a relative too.

Both wrong.

BTW, distant relative ..... me and Adolf Hitler :Eek:. Though highly rumor and dispute, no proof at all. Anyway, my grandmother maiden name was Minnie Hiedler.

Surname "Hitler", also spelled 'Hiedler', 'Hüttler', or 'Huettler' (wiki source).
She was born in tiny Liechtenstein country, close to Adolf's birthplace (Austria). Clan perhaps?

Actually all humans are relative .... Adam & Eve thing ;)

Last edited:

My only cool story to explain my name is I'm a Husker Fan and my 1st name is Dave.

The reason for the "Y" at the end? True story...a Typo on my part. I cringe when anyone calls me Davey..

Never bothered asking anyone to fix the name.

Anyhow, carry on.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back