• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Explanation of name

Hello Huskermax forum members. I'm new to the board, and I thought I would take a minute to explain the name(Tim Osborne). I've been an avid Husker fan since my early teens, first getting hooked on the Huskers during the 70-71 national championships and then further on, after Bob Devaney's retirement, during the Osborne years.
The explanation of the name is as follows: In 70-71(and before, from my parents perspective), Bob Devaney was the football hero for Husker fans like my parents, and myself as well. When the Bobfather retired, Tom Osborne took over as HC. I immediately continued to follow the Huskers and supported Tom Osborne as coach simply because he was now "my guy" as opposed to Bob Devaney, who was my parent's and elder's "guy".
Some Nebraska folks forget the amount of negativity that was projected on Tom Osborne in those early years after he stepped into the large shoes of Husker icon Bob Devaney. Even my parents and some of my elders(older brothers and extended family and friends)participated in some of that negativity.
I was the resident staunch defender of HC Tom Osborne in those days, and of course my first name is Tim; consequently my older brother grew so weary of my dogged defense of Tom Osborne that he began to call me "Tim Osborne".
Thus the name. I just wanted to explain it, to avoid any possible inference of disrespect. I believe TO was the greatest college football coach ever, and will continue to believe that in perpetuity. Thanks.

Hello Huskermax forum members. I'm new to the board, and I thought I would take a minute to explain the name(Tim Osborne). I've been an avid Husker fan since my early teens, first getting hooked on the Huskers during the 70-71 national championships and then further on, after Bob Devaney's retirement, during the Osborne years.
The explanation of the name is as follows: In 70-71(and before, from my parents perspective), Bob Devaney was the football hero for Husker fans like my parents, and myself as well. When the Bobfather retired, Tom Osborne took over as HC. I immediately continued to follow the Huskers and supported Tom Osborne as coach simply because he was now "my guy" as opposed to Bob Devaney, who was my parent's and elder's "guy".
Some Nebraska folks forget the amount of negativity that was projected on Tom Osborne in those early years after he stepped into the large shoes of Husker icon Bob Devaney. Even my parents and some of my elders(older brothers and extended family and friends)participated in some of that negativity.
I was the resident staunch defender of HC Tom Osborne in those days, and of course my first name is Tim; consequently my older brother grew so weary of my dogged defense of Tom Osborne that he began to call me "Tim Osborne".
Thus the name. I just wanted to explain it, to avoid any possible inference of disrespect. I believe TO was the greatest college football coach ever, add will continue to believe that in perpetuity. Thanks.
That’s right! Don’t let @jmatlock tell you any think different! Even if secretly he agrees!

Welcome!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back