• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Every member of the 2012 class is on campus

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of right now it's situational - different ways to get pressure not having the 4 guys coming lining right up in front of you. But I think we all know and hope that if we run it some of the time this year, and it is very successful, there is no reason to just sit on it and not use it. Valentine and Curry are your prototypical nose guards for a 3-4....and I don't know how they would do the outer guys of the line....could be bigger DEs or a mix of DT or DEs. Anyway you slice it very good news.

And fwiw my friend got a text today that the speed on both sides of the ball is extremely fun to watch in practice, can definetely tell a difference between last year and this year. Something i've been waiting to hear....

Agreed. Love hearing that...it's sounding like the '12 recruiting class is the real deal with a good number of them ready to contribute immediately. Obviously they haven't played yet so it remains to be seen, but hearing so many of their names mentioned is good news. And to think the '13 class is looking as good/better once its all said and done makes ya feel good about the future of the program.

Agreed. Love hearing that...it's sounding like the '12 recruiting class is the real deal with a good number of them ready to contribute immediately. Obviously they haven't played yet so it remains to be seen, but hearing so many of their names mentioned is good news. And to think the '13 class is looking as good/better once its all said and done makes ya feel good about the future of the program.

Agreed, a lot of fluff pieces can get excitement where it isn't exactly warranted. That being said, I don't know the last time I was told how great true freshmen were going to be in fall camp. Turner comes to mind but a lot of that came from his performance in the spring game. But as long as our speed is good, you can do a lot of things that way.

Need to get Rose here so that we can get some safeties in the system, that's my only concern for 2013, our safeties...

Barring injury...I don't see either McMullen or Moss skipping a RS. You can thank Carter coming on for that.

The nice thing is....McMullen should be pretty good....and he's not even the better of the two right now. Moss has been a real pleasant surprise

Barring injury...I don't see either McMullen or Moss skipping a RS. You can thank Carter coming on for that.

The nice thing is....McMullen should be pretty good....and he's not even the better of the two right now. Moss has been a real pleasant surprise
That worries me for next year though because then it's Ankrah and a big question mark.

Out of curiosity, does Alabama run a 3-4? For some reason I thought they did for awhile. Nevertheless, it sure seems like our 2 DE commits for 2013 (Lacouture and Natter) would be perfect sized ends for a 3-4.

Not the least bit surprised....and I don't think most of you will be either....and I actually think its not a bad thing.....with Stanton coming in gives a little distance between the two....RS Stanton next year....he then is a RS Frosh and Tommy is a Jr starter....just my two cents worth....

Nick Bahe<S>@</S>NickBahe My dude <S>@</S>Sean_Callahan just said he thinks the #2 QB right now is Tommy Armstrong. Do you burn a year and play him this year? Hmmmm....

Last edited:

Not the least bit surprised....and I don't think most of you will be either....and I actually think its not a bad thing.....with Stanton coming in gives a little distance between the two....RS Stanton next year....he then is a RS Frosh and Tommy is a Jr starter....just my two cents worth....

Nick Bahe<s>@</s>NickBaheMy dude <s>@</s>Sean_Callahan just said he thinks the #2 QB right now is Tommy Armstrong. Do you burn a year and play him this year? Hmmmm....

Saw that....as you know this is just an opinion and not factual yet. But Callahan wouldn't put that out there if he didn't see some major separation between Armstrong and the others....

Yeah I know....but where there is smoke there is fire....and we both know what Armstrong brings....strong leadership & competitor....and his athletic ability....

Saw that....as you know this is just an opinion and not factual yet. But Callahan wouldn't put that out there if he didn't see some major separation between Armstrong and the others....

Yeah I know....but where there is smoke there is fire....and we both know what Armstrong brings....strong leadership & competitor....and his athletic ability....

I just can't believe the recruiting services kept him down because they thought his RB from his junior year was carrying the team....and was a Texas commit, weird....

Oh I agree...and then all he did was become the star of his team his senior year....losing only the state title game....had he gone to Texas he would have been a high 4-star....funny enough they aproached him cap in hand late in the year to see if he was interested and he said 'no'...

I just can't believe the recruiting services kept him down because they thought his RB from his junior year was carrying the team....and was a Texas commit, weird....

Hopefully we'll get a big lead on So. Miss so Tommy can see some action. I'm excited about his potential and agree it would be good to get some separation between he and Stanton.

Expect Valentine to be in the two-deep rotation as a true frosh on the DL....he has been that impressive....and I still think McMullen has a shot too....has looked very good also....

Bottom line is all four of our true-Forsh lineman have been impressive...

Last edited:

Sip on true frosh and RS frosh who could see playing time...

Steven M. Sipple<S>@</S>HuskerExtraSipFive young <S>#</S>Huskers that I'll track closely as opener nears: QB Armstrong, LB Santos, RB Cross, DL Curry, DL Valentine. In that order.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back