• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Every member of the 2012 class is on campus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
That is saying something....especially with such a small class....rare to have every recruit qualify......

That is saying something....especially with such a small class....rare to have every recruit qualify......

Think that calls for kudos to Bo and his staff. With such a small class there was little room for error. Getting them all qualified is a big step in the right direction.

Step 1 is complete. Now let's see what they can do. Are there any that will probably not redshirt (not including JUCO transfers)?

Yes.....Rose, McMullen and Cross I think could see playing time this year.......possibly Armstrong....if he wins the backup role....Westerkamp is a real possibility too....

FWIW Valentine & Curry have both had great camps too.....and may play early too....

Step 1 is complete. Now let's see what they can do. Are there any that will probably not redshirt (not including JUCO transfers)?

Last edited:
This is all great news! Now lets keep them all "N" for 4-5 years.

Great job coaches and staff!

I certainly hope McMullen and/or Moss see the field this year because next year we won't have ANY experience at the position besides Ankrah. If they are indeed the future then it would be good for them to get their feet wet this year.

I certainly hope McMullen and/or Moss see the field this year because next year we won't have ANY experience at the position besides Ankrah. If they are indeed the future then it would be good for them to get their feet wet this year.

Don't forget the transition to the 3-4 giving us many, many options. That 4th LB could be a bigger LB, or a hybrid DE/LB guy. Or the 3 down linemen can be 2 interior linemen and a DE, 3 interior linemen, lots of options. And with a strong LB class that is forming from the 2011 and 2012 classes, the options are plentiful.

Don't forget the transition to the 3-4 giving us many, many options. That 4th LB could be a bigger LB, or a hybrid DE/LB guy. Or the 3 down linemen can be 2 interior linemen and a DE, 3 interior linemen, lots of options. And with a strong LB class that is forming from the 2011 and 2012 classes, the options are plentiful.

Speaking of that didn't want to mislead anyone, we still have the 4-3 as our base but the 3-4 is something we have been working on, as something we COULD transition to. Or just a new wrinkle... like when we had 3 down linemen against Mizzou and that woman of a QB Blaine Gabbert couldn't figure out what to do. If an offense has to practice all week against a 3-4 and a 4-3 front, that is a very tough task. Especially with the time restrictions you can be in front of your players.

I agree. Get those guys some playing time which will pay off big time next year. Question on the bolded...are you saying full time transition or situational as was discussed in another thread? I actually have been thinking and been discussing with others the possibility of moving full time to a 3-4 and Valentine appears size wise to fit what we would need at nose tackle...

Answered my question already....still think I'd like to see the transition especially against many of the run oriented attacks in the B1G.

Answered my question already....still think I'd like to see the transition especially against many of the run oriented attacks in the B1G.

As of right now it's situational - different ways to get pressure not having the 4 guys coming lining right up in front of you. But I think we all know and hope that if we run it some of the time this year, and it is very successful, there is no reason to just sit on it and not use it. Valentine and Curry are your prototypical nose guards for a 3-4....and I don't know how they would do the outer guys of the line....could be bigger DEs or a mix of DT or DEs. Anyway you slice it very good news.

And fwiw my friend got a text today that the speed on both sides of the ball is extremely fun to watch in practice, can definetely tell a difference between last year and this year. Something i've been waiting to hear....

McMullen has a real chance to do so....he is that good....Moss I think will RS....did not start playing football until his Jr year in high school...very raw but very promising talent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back