• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked ESPN says it's a done deal. The Big 14?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilarious.

I loved the comments about the ACC being superior to the Big Ten and the idea that we're a conference full of backwood rednecks. The Big Ten trumps the ACC in everything except basketball, and that's too close to call.

The only competitive advantage the ACC has is lacrosse and that's a wash with the Big Ten's hockey, IMO.

Total upgrade, Terps. Stop whining about a pay raise.

I would say that the ACC is still better than the Big 10 in basketball but its not by that much.

This is a terrible move for the B1G and Maryland both. Maryland is a basketball school on the Atlantic. They are leaving a strong basketball conference on the ATLANTIC ocean.

I mean, Rutgers is terrible for the B1G but at least it is a good move for Rutgers.

I'm not much of a basketball aficianado, but I can read a chart:

AP Top 25

RK TEAM RECORD PTS
1 Indiana (46) 1-0 1,598
2 Louisville (18) 1-0 1,572
3 Kentucky (1) 1-0 1,438
4 Ohio State 1-0 1,339
5 Michigan 1-0 1,327

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

AP Top 25

RK TEAM RECORD PTS
1 Indiana (46) 1-0 1,598
3 Kentucky (1) 1-0 1,438
4 Ohio State 1-0 1,339
5 Michigan 1-0 1,327

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

Seeing that I guess maybe the Big 10 is stronger in basketball than I gave them credit for. Although as USC football can attest to, its not where you start, its where you finish.

Seeing that I guess maybe the Big 10 is stronger in basketball than I gave them credit for. Although as USC football can attest to, its not where you start, its where you finish.

Very true.

Wisconsin and MSU are also ranked in the low-20s.

AP Top 25

RK TEAM RECORD PTS
1 Indiana (46) 1-0 1,598
3 Kentucky (1) 1-0 1,438
4 Ohio State 1-0 1,339
5 Michigan 1-0 1,327

I am, I haven't missed a home Husker Game in over a decade. I mean, i am a huge fan of Nebrasketball and college hoops as it relates to NU.

Last year the ACC was the 4th best basketball conference. BUT the Big East lost Syracuse and Pitt to the ACC and Rutgers to the B1G. Going forward it looks like the B1G will be the best followed by the ACC. Or maybe the ACC programs will have upswings.

But you completely missed my point. I wasn't talking about how good of a basketball conference they were, i was talking about the focus of a basketball conference.

The ACC is a basketball conference. The B1G is a football conference. If you are a basketball school you would think you want to be in a basketball conference.

Last edited:
BI6 is a easier logo switch than B14. A 4 looks nothing like a G. But a 6 sure does.

It is all about marketing.

It won't be the Big 14 for long. Just a hunch.

I think you are quite likely correct. I think there is a good possibility that this was not only done to gain the TV sets in the east but to start to put some pressure on ND. Let them know the landscape is still changing try to pressure them to make a conference decision.

I think you are quite likely correct. I think there is a good possibility that this was not only done to gain the TV sets in the east but to start to put some pressure on ND. Let them know the landscape is still changing try to pressure them to make a conference decision.

Interesting point about putting pressure on ND, you may very well be right.

Wow. that was fast. I hope they (B1G conference) know what they're doing. Welcome to the Big Ten, Terrapins and Scarlet Knights.

I feel certain this has been explored to death but very quietly. Delaney doesn't make a move that isn't well thought out from many angles. When he made the public announcement that the Big Ten was done with expansion, it was for show and likely to slow things down so they could make sure it was done right. I'm not convinced he's done yet. Remember his comment in 2010 that they wanted to go south; doubt that has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back