• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

EPL 2014-15

Burnley when I was a young boy living in England was a good team.....better than Chelsea....money changed English football....drastically...

Teams buy championships now....

Burnley scored first. Although I've always favored Chelsea, I felt REALLY good for Burnley to see them strike first. You could feel the excitement in the stadium. Of course, Chelsea score about 2 minutes later to equalize.

Boy, the addition of Fabregas and D. Costa looks like genius. Febregas was sensational. I mean, amazing; really amazing. I would assume most in the know would automatically put Chelsea equal with Man City as favorites this year.

Last edited:

Arsenal showed guts getting a result yesterday 2-2 vs Everton. 2 goals in last 10 minutes to get the draw.

QPR played like they wanted to get back to FLC.

Big early season game tomorrow should be fun - Man City v Liverpool.

The R's have no where to go but up we have stunk the joint up in the first two weeks.....

Manchester United.....with one point in their first tow league games and got blown out in the English League Cup 4-0 today by third division M.K. Dons....

WTH is going on at Old Trafford?

There goes that transfer quite possibility....

Steven Goff @SoccerInsider · USA's Geoff Cameron has left Stoke City's League Cup match vs. Portsmouth in 38th minute with injury. <s>#</s>usmnt

Manchester United.....with one point in their first tow league games and got blown out in the English League Cup 4-0 today by third division M.K. Dons....

WTH is going on at Old Trafford?

Their back 4 was putrid before they made it a back 3... can't stop anyone and can't get service to their playmakers.. they are in deeeep.

David Moyes was not the problem....the owners are the issue....and just look at what they did with the Rinaldo transfer fee...

Their back 4 was putrid before they made it a back 3... can't stop anyone and can't get service to their playmakers.. they are in deeeep.

But don't worry RR, Di Maria is going to fix the problem! ;)

He certainly won't hurt. They are better today for it than they were.

They have the talent and physical presence. What they need is some humility and practice. They all play like individuals and that doesn't fly in the EPL. The back line lives and dies together as a unit. Just ask SKC how well their back line is performing with a 19 year old manning the right side who probably thinks he's the best player on the team but constantly hurts them.

For $106M he better do something....:lol:

Funny he and Adu were signed at the same time for Benfica...he is at United making millions and Adu is on perhaps last club in Serbia making peanuts....the fortunes of the game and over judging talent sometimes....

But don't worry RR, Di Maria is going to fix the problem! ;)

Ferguson made sure it was team and if you bumped up against it he got rid of you....they miss that....

Their back four lost two iconic players and yes later in their career who were still leaders and it shows BIG TIME.....

Rooney the captain....seriously?

That does not fly in any league if you play like individuals....

He certainly won't hurt. They are better today for it than they were.

They have the talent and physical presence. What they need is some humility and practice. They all play like individuals and that doesn't fly in the EPL. The back line lives and dies together as a unit. Just ask SKC how well their back line is performing with a 19 year old manning the right side who probably thinks he's the best player on the team but constantly hurts them.

For $106M he better do something....:lol:

Funny he and Adu were signed at the same time for Benfica...he is at United making millions and Adu is on perhaps last club in Serbia making peanuts....the fortunes of the game and over judging talent sometimes....

Adu is still a mystery that could have been. What happened to such early talent? Was it ego, poor mentality, complacency, or just a great teen talent that never took the next step? It's sooo hard to believe it was the latter, because truthfully, he always had the skills but seemingly could never fit into a team system.

I saw Adu in his half season with RSL and I know Jason Kries and how glad he was to see Freddie leave Salt Lake....Adu had a head so inflated he could hardly get into the stadium....the league was paying him $500K at the time and it caused a lot of resentment among his teammates many of whom who were better players and most of all team players....watching him up close I found him to be a selfish player and not a good teammate....with slightly above average skills that had been over hyped by the media....and very un-coachable....I know there were no tears shed when he left for Portugal....and a few guys were pretty blunt about him after the fact....

In addition he was not fan friendly....all of the other players would meet with the fans sign autographs etc....never saw Adu the whole time he was at RSL mingle with the fans....I have a jersey & ball from that season that one of the players (friend) got signed for us by the whole team except Adu....my friend just shook his head and I said I understood....

To me at times he could show some skill but overall not the most skilled guy....perhaps had he been coachable and bit more humble he may have made something of himself....certainly had more than his fair share of chances....

Adu is still a mystery that could have been. What happened to such early talent? Was it ego, poor mentality, complacency, or just a great teen talent that never took the next step? It's sooo hard to believe it was the latter, because truthfully, he always had the skills but seemingly could never fit into a team system.

United still winless in 3 games in the EPL and just 2 points....

The scheme and formation are just not working with the players they have....and at Old Trafford the faithful are starting to get restless....a 'rebuild' or whatever you want to call it will not get the patience or time it would elsewhere....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back