• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Early Nebraska lines

3.5 seems like the right number. 3-5 and 4-4 are the most likely outcomes, with 2-6 and 5-3 the other reasonable possibilities. We have been 3-6 the last three years in conference, right? With the +1 9th game this year, 3-6 seems very possible for a 4th year in a row. Would love to find a way to make that 5-4.

I just want the Huskers to start making progress this year. The wins and losses will take care of themselves if we play better football. Just want the staff to start utilizing the full roster (which should be no issue this year with the eligibility rules).

We have to take huge steps in the right direction this year. No more seasons like last year...ever!

Are you of the opinion us being in Lincoln and practicing is less prepared than teams that just sent their players home to work on their own?
In your thread you mentioned that OSU is one of the teams that had sent everyone home. Do you think that gives us a shot? Or at least a better one than most years. As we both know differences between wins and losses can be small.

In your thread you mentioned that OSU is one of the teams that had sent everyone home. Do you think that gives us a shot? Or at least a better one than most years. As we both know differences between wins and losses can be small.
I said Ohio State went home? I don’t think I did.

But I do think us getting them first game is best possible scenario. Same with Wisconsin game 2. We are going to be as close to ready to beat those guys as we ever have. Conversely I’d rather play Iowa earlier than we are, them getting a few games to figure things out stinks.

I said Ohio State went home? I don’t think I did.

But I do think us getting them first game is best possible scenario. Same with Wisconsin game 2. We are going to be as close to ready to beat those guys as we ever have. Conversely I’d rather play Iowa earlier than we are, them getting a few games to figure things out stinks.
I know of two of our division rivals which is really good. Ohio State did not, however.
I misread this post in your thread. Sorry about that. At the time I tbought you said 2 division ruvals AND OSU. sorry for the misquote.

I misread this post in your thread. Sorry about that. At the time I tbought you said 2 division ruvals AND OSU. sorry for the misquote.
No problem... was having a few adult pops with the announcement and was going to have to call myself out for being wrong.

Ohio State just is too much for us, but having them first gives us as good of a chance as later. Problem is they won’t be overlooking us. I do think it helps us against Wisconsin and Northwestern though.

The ESPN love keeps on coming our way....as of this morning they give us the following chances of winning:

OSU - 4.6%
Wisconsin - 12.5%
NW - 34.5%
PSU - 17.4%

They are showing zero respect to the Huskers....now we need to go out and make them look stupid for doubting this team.
I mean, we haven’t earned respect, but those odds are pathetic!
I’d say more like:
OSU - 20%
Wisconsin - 40%
NW - 50%
PSU - 30%

No problem... was having a few adult pops with the announcement and was going to have to call myself out for being wrong.

Ohio State just is too much for us, but having them first gives us as good of a chance as later. Problem is they won’t be overlooking us. I do think it helps us against Wisconsin and Northwestern though.
Oh yeah, I think Nebraska has a distinct advantage over Wisconsin and northwestern early. Wisconsin has been suspended and I don’t think Northwestern was doing anything.

I hope Manning is the monster they think he should be. Hope Mills continues the way he ended the year. I hope Martinez returns to form and looks even better.

I hope the defense is just a little better.

I can see 5 wins also don’t know if it happens.

I am not ready to concede Wisconsin as an automatic loss. There defense should be its usual nasty self, but I think their offense takes a couple steps back.

In the contest I picked us to best Bucky for exactly what you said an unknown offense. If you look at the last decade or so they always start the season slow and it takes them 3-4 games to build up steam and I think that plays in our favor too

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back