• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Early Nebraska lines

If we cover against Ohio State I'll start feeling really good about getting to 6. Get blown out there...then it could tough to crawl out of 0-3, 1-2, or whatever it is to start the year.
I think we cover in a very respectable performance for game 1 regardless if it is tOSU.

I think our offense will be much better; and, even if OSU ‘reloads’ their defense lost a ton of talent in the first three rounds of the NFL draft.

I think we cover in a very respectable performance for game 1 regardless if it is tOSU.

I think our offense will be much better; and, even if OSU ‘reloads’ their defense lost a ton of talent in the first three rounds of the NFL draft.
OSU is talented for sure, but I agree that many in the media and Columbus are downplaying the losses they had to graduation and the NFL. There is no way it doesn't impact them in the first half of the season.

I agree there are NO LOCKS for the Huskers.... period! For that QB to gain 61 rushing yds only illustrates how lousy our defense was last year. :mad: Dude runs like he's wearing cement shoes and yet had positive yds? That was absolutely pathetic imo. If our D hasn't improved this season there honestly needs to be some major changes imo.
Won't it be nice to get back to the days when we look at our schedule and see "LOCKS" in the win column. Purdue needs to be one of them.

Our D concerns me greatly. Our front seven is unproven and really hasn't developed a play-maker yet. Hoping someone other than Jo Jo starts to emerge in the front seven.

Won't it be nice to get back to the days when we look at our schedule and see "LOCKS" in the win column. Purdue needs to be one of them.

Our D concerns me greatly. Our front seven is unproven and really hasn't developed a play-maker yet. Hoping someone other than Jo Jo starts to emerge in the front seven.
JoJo could be a big impact player for our D this season. Love they way he plays, tackles with authority and runs to the ball. Yea he made some mistakes but it's only because he gives 100% on the field. It's very obvious how hard he plays and could be a game changer. Always amazes me the way one really good player can improve the over all level of play for the team.

Agreed. To a lesser extent, Reimers has also shown some potential to be a play maker on D. We need more players who aren't afraid to pin their ears back and attack the ball carrier and QB in the backfield. You need to have the closing speed to make this work, but I think it's mostly a state of mind. We have way too many player who are more focused on their reads and end up pursuing laterally. Pursuing laterally means you've already given up at least 3-5 yards getting pushed down the field by their O-line and end up attacking the ball carrier from a poor angle with momentum on his side. Hit him before he gets started!!!

JoJo could be a big impact player for our D this season. Love they way he plays, tackles with authority and runs to the ball. Yea he made some mistakes but it's only because he gives 100% on the field. It's very obvious how hard he plays and could be a game changer. Always amazes me the way one really good player can improve the over all level of play for the team.
Agree its hard not to like Jo Jo. The guy gets to the ball and plays fast and physical. Now we a few more guys to play with that type of motor.

Last edited:
There's a lot of TRAP games this season more then ever before imo. Anyone want to talk to LSU or Swooners? When you don't have those warm up games for the big boys anything can happen. It's why I'm taking Nebraska and 24.5 points. There's no reason to believe ANY BIG teams are coming out smoken hot their first couple of games. Of course that also means the Huskers too. I do think our team didn't slack off and throw in the towel when the season looked like it was not going to happen. Most BIG teams and their players did not keep training hard and doing what needs to be done. How much will that affect their first couple of games remains to be seen.

Bottom line yea the odds are against us but lets remember just a couple plays different and we would have beaten OSU in 2018. That was in front of a full house at the SHOE which will now be empty. How much that changes things we'll have to see but I suspect it's going to make a significant difference. Try and audiblize inside the 10 yd line in that stadium which now becomes easy for our QB. Should be a fun game and much closer then predicted imo.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back