• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Early enrollee Henry Gray. Transfers to FIU

I still think Frost is a great offensive mind (one of the top five in the country) and a really good young, up and coming head coach. IMPO he wasn't 100% ready for a gig like Nebraska (or Florida, Tennessee, Florida State - or any other job he could have left UCF for).

He's still figuring some things out, but he'll figure them out. He's the right guy for the job and I still think he'll turn the program around.

I was talking hypotheticals. I don't think Nebraska goes 5-7 this year and/or next year. I actually think the Huskers are on a 10-win trajectory for '21. But if they did go under .500 for Frost's first four seasons, that's just unacceptable. Nebraska needed to be rebuilt, but this isn't Kansas. You guys have far too many resources for it to take 5-years to be relevant in the conference. It's why I emphasized how the roster would be comprised of top 25 classes recruited by Frost for his schemes (that's being conservative, Frost is actually recruiting at a top 15-20 clip the last two years).

I don't care who the coach is, what program it is or what conference they play in - if you have a roster full of top 25 classes that were recruited by a staff and developed by that same staff and you're under .500 four-straight years, you're not the right guys for the job IMPO.

You should have been at least 6-6 the first two years already. Bad breaks and a learning curve aren't acceptable excuses in year 4.
I think this is really spot on. Most of us assumed that HCFrost had it all figured out coming in and that’s crazy. Get us to 7-5 this year with a couple close games that we are supposed to lose and the rocket ship will take off in 2021.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back