• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because they're "very familiar" with him doesn't mean he has the connection with him that he had with Monken. Heck, I'm very familiar with Bobo, too. I think we're the frontrunner with Monken's jump.

They have a connection

I think we were the front runner even without the defection to the NFL

This kid is not normal recruit

At a 1000 foot view if your Dylan why wouldn’t you want to come here. Between the exposure you’ve gotten from Nebraskans on Twitter, message boards, and in the news, surely he knows he would be treated as a god on day 1.

Because he could potentially go to USC and win a Heisman and be a #1 draft pick off precedent alone. Or he could potentially go to Georgia and win a national title.

Look, I think we are all hoping and praying that Dylan and his family's love for Nebraska overcomes all odds... but we're clearly the outlier in this recruitment. We've only had 2-3 5 stars in the last 25ish years and we haven't had a single bowl game of major significance in that time either. That does NOT mean we can't land him and it doesn't mean we wouldn't be a great place for him, particularly with an adult being in charge again. He has to really believe in what Rhule and Co. bring to the table though. I am praying it's the real deal this go round.

Because he could potentially go to USC and win a Heisman and be a #1 draft pick off precedent alone. Or he could potentially go to Georgia and win a national title.

Look, I think we are all hoping and praying that Dylan and his family's love for Nebraska overcomes all odds... but we're clearly the outlier in this recruitment. We've only had 2-3 5 stars in the last 25ish years and we haven't had a single bowl game of major significance in that time either. That does NOT mean we can't land him and it doesn't mean we wouldn't be a great place for him, particularly with an adult being in charge again. He has to really believe in what Rhule and Co. bring to the table though. I am praying it's the real deal this go round.
Im not sure we’ve had coaches with the balls to recruit 5* players, other than a passing offer. Get one or two, and the flood gates can open. Win some games would also help, immensely.

Matt Stafford is the straw that stirs the Georgia drink here. He's close with Dylan and the Raiola family. That's what NU has to overcome when it comes to Georgia. With USC it's Lincoln Riley and his track record with QB's. This one will be close down to the end.

Yeah its not a given

I still think it comes down to Nebraska and Georgia

He plans to take an on campus visit to GA on 18 March and Nebraska on 24 March

Could be his final two visits if he decides in March like his dad said he will

Keep in mind its during a Quiet Period so they can only interact with him on campus face to face

Thus no interaction with either staff downtown etc

I do not think USC or Oregon are in this rodeo at this point in time

I think back to back titles has cemented it

Not to mention all the very high NFL Draft Picks?

How are things my good friend?
Who’s the last Georgia qb that was highly drafted under Smart? Jake Fromm was a 5th rounder, was there someone else that went previously?

I really don't think Nebraska is the draw for player like Dylan...yet. Hopefully, Rhule will turn this ship and we will be a destination for 4 and 5 starts skill positions.

If I was a highly ranked QB looking at the past decade of Nebraska I wouldn't look at running for my life for 3 or 4 years as an attractive offer. Nebraska needs to fix the OL.

Then there's that offer to the younger brother. Could brothers be sitting around talking about both going to the same place, and how neat it would be to have back to back Raiola brothers as starting QBs.

Nope not in this case it's GA they reload coaches

similar to what Alabama does. I think Saban and Smart are very good judges of coaching talent as well as talented athletes. I just hope we can get back to that level of play, it has been way too long. I'm not jealous of them, but I certainly appreciate their level of play and details to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back