• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola

Status
Not open for further replies.

After watching the success enjoyed by Joe Burrow and Max Duggan and thinking about the "what could have beens" and fearing we are headed down the same path with Zane Flores, the Huskers can't afford another missed opportunity.

IMO, poor evaluation and lackluster recruiting effort directly led to all three of the above playing elsewhere. I'm confident that won't be the case with this HC and staff. If Dylan Raiola chooses to play elsewhere it won't be for lack of trying on Matt Rhule's part.

Last edited:
After watching the success enjoyed by Joe Burrow and Max Duggan and thinking about the "what could have beens" and fearing we are headed down the same path with Zane Flores, the Huskers can't afford another missed opportunity.

IMO, poor evaluation and lackluster recruiting effort directly led to all three of the above playing elsewhere. I'm confident that won't be the case with this HC and staff. If Dylan Raiola choose to play elsewhere it won't be for lack of trying on Matt Rhule's part.
The last sentence appears to be the case.

Dylan would be the top recruit in the history of the program. If you think missing out on him isn't a big deal, then you're fooling yourself.
I think Dylan would be one of the biggest recruits in the history of our program but I remember when Tommie Frazier picked NU. From that point on everyone was waiting for him to get into a game. Maybe recruiting rankings back then are not what they are today, but make no mistake about it...... it is almost impossible for any recruit to do what Tommie did.

That was meant for RR and Manawa in the context of the conversation.

You do an awful lot of justification of your posts. Instead maybe be more clear in the initial post.

bird-popcorn.gif

I think Dylan would be one of the biggest recruits in the history of our program but I remember when Tommie Frazier picked NU. From that point on everyone was waiting for him to get into a game. Maybe recruiting rankings back then are not what they are today, but make no mistake about it...... it is almost impossible for any recruit to do what Tommie did.

If the current ranking holds, Dylan would be one of the biggest recruits for about 99.9% of programs in the country. There have only been 5 players in history, or at least since rankings were tracked by 247, to receive a 1.0000 ranking. The only QB to be at that level is Vince Young. That's just to put into perspective how highly thought of he currently is.

All that to say... he's still a kid and a lot can happen developmentally for guys that age. He'd be a massive boost to our program, but the program won't sink if it doesn't land him. He needs to know he can help change the image of our program, but to put savior level expectations on him is not reasonable.

One advantage we have over Georgia is that Rhule can tell him with all honesty that he'll be the starter from Day One. Not sure Kirby can do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back