• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola

Status
Not open for further replies.

He’s a legacy which is the only reason at any point that Nebraska has been in the conversation so it really wouldn’t be a blow if he doesn’t come. Now if he was a Bama legacy and picked another school then that would be a blow
You and I see this very very differently.

He’s a legacy which is the only reason at any point that Nebraska has been in the conversation so it really wouldn’t be a blow if he doesn’t come. Now if he was a Bama legacy and picked another school then that would be a blow

I agree with you on Dylan if he were not a legacy Nebraska would not even be in the picture

I also agree with his dad in that the final decision will be his not Dom's

That's the way it should be

Of course I hope he comes to Nebraska

We should know in the next couple of months

I agree with you on Dylan if he were not a legacy Nebraska would not even be in the picture

I also agree with his dad in that the final decision will be his not Dom's

That's the way it should be

Of course I hope he comes to Nebraska

We should know in the next couple of months
Right, but what he and I were discussing was not why he's interested in Nebraska. To me, that's a moot point. The point is he's interested. The conversation and OP was that if we lose out on him, it is catastrophic because we lose out on what could be. We should not look at it as "welp, he gave us a look, thats great. Bummer he moved on." That's how we got in this place to begin with. We should look at it that this staff should not sleep day or night until they have done everything to get him. If Rhule has to play 10,000 ping pong matches with his mom, so be it.

Why? Because, it is not just about getting Dylan. That is obviously huge, and would be an unbelievable addition to the team. BUT, do you know how many recruits out there are waiting to see where he commits to follow suit? Heck, he has kids publicly posting on his twitter saying as much! The peer recruiting from a guy like Dylan is unbelievable. I think it was N2FL that said if Dylan commits, then he expects a top 15 or top 10 class. With Rhules player retention skills, do you know how big of a difference that makes? I'm not saying "difference" as in Scott Frosts version where we go on to lose half the class. Im talking a real difference that is palpable 5 years from now and pushes us back toward the glory days.

Last edited:

If Raiola comes here, that will be a game changer for our program for many years to come. If he does not come, nobody should write it off as just another loss. It is a huge blow to what could have been in our program. I hope that coach Rhule is approaching the situation as such. I have no reason to believe he is not. They should leave no stone unturned when trying to get this kid.
If he does not come here. What is the point of OBSESSING about it? Saying the coaches didn’t try hard enough would be foolish. As others have said. We are not uet at the point to expect even a legacy to give us the same credence as a GA. If any are to blame (like with Burrows when he transferred) the blame for losing him would fall squarely on Frost.

If he does not come here. What is the point of OBSESSING about it? Saying the coaches didn’t try hard enough would be foolish. As others have said. We are not uet at the point to expect even a legacy to give us the same credence as a GA. If any are to blame (like with Burrows when he transferred) the blame for losing him would fall squarely on Frost.
Thats not what I said in my post. What I am saying is you better make sure you are trying you *** off. NIL, weekly/bi-weekly visits if needed, the works. If they don't end up with him, make sure you walk away saying theres nothing else we could have done. I say this because as I said in my second post, this guy has the capability to change this program for the next 20 years. I hope Rhule see's it that way, and I have no reason to believe he doesn't as I said in OP, but no one can obviously be sure. Regardless, this is not a "hes a legacy which is why he's looking at us, if he doesn't end up committing to us it is what it is" type situation. Last week is not the only time Rhule should be in this kids house.

Thats not what I said in my post. What I am saying is you better make sure you are trying you *** off. NIL, weekly/bi-weekly visits if needed, the works. If they don't end up with him, make sure you walk away saying theres nothing else we could have done. I say this because as I said in my second post, this guy has the capability to change this program for the next 20 years. I hope Rhule see's it that way, and I have no reason to believe he doesn't as I said in OP, but no one can obviously be sure. Regardless, this is not a "hes a legacy which is why he's looking at us, if he doesn't end up committing to us it is what it is" type situation. Last week is not the only time Rhule should be in this kids house.
You do realize that there are still limits to how frequently you can visit in home etc. Right?

Right now you sound like a guy mad that you only got three numbers.right on the lottery. The coaches are doing what they can. Ultimately it is still based on the whims of an 18 year old. That is as unpredictable as picking the lottery.

You do realize that there are still limits to how frequently you can visit in home etc. Right?

Right now you sound like a guy mad that you only got three numbers.right on the lottery. The coaches are doing what they can. Ultimately it is still based on the whims of an 18 year old. That is as unpredictable as picking the lottery.
Trying to locate my captain obvious gif but having trouble.

Honest question. Do you feel that Rhule and his staff are not putting 100% effort into his (Raiola 's) recruitment? Everything I've seen so far from from Rhule and company is 10x the effort from any of our more recent previous coaching staffs. I'm not too worried if DR chooses another school. I feel that Rhule has put forth the effort.

Last edited:

Honest question. Do you feel that Rhule and his staff are not putting 100% effort into his recruitment? Everything I've seen so far from from Rhule and company is a 10x the effort from any of our more recent previous coaching staffs.
For sure they are. That’s why I said in the posts above I have no reason to believe they aren’t giving it their all.

For sure they are. That’s why I said in the posts above I have no reason to believe they aren’t giving it their all.
Gotcha. It was a little confusing when I read the bold.
Right, but what he and I were discussing was not why he's interested in Nebraska. To me, that's a moot point. The point is he's interested. The conversation and OP was that if we lose out on him, it is catastrophic because we lose out on what could be. We should not look at it as "welp, he gave us a look, thats great. Bummer he moved on." That's how we got in this place to begin with. We should look at it that this staff should not sleep day or night until they have done everything to get him. If Rhule has to play 10,000 ping pong matches with his mom, so be it.

Why? Because, it is not just about getting Dylan. That is obviously huge, and would be an unbelievable addition to the team. BUT, do you know how many recruits out there are waiting to see where he commits to follow suit? Heck, he has kids publicly posting on his twitter saying as much! The peer recruiting from a guy like Dylan is unbelievable. I think it was N2FL that said if Dylan commits, then he expects a top 15 or top 10 class. With Rhules player retention skills, do you know how big of a difference that makes? I'm not saying "difference" as in Scott Frosts version where we go on to lose half the class. Im talking a real difference that is palpable 5 years from now and pushes us back toward the glory days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back