• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really, a moral victory in recruiting. Please tell me we have not fallen that far down the rabbit hole. There is no crying in recruiting wars. And zero moral victories. Its just how I feel.
I agree, but we have been claiming moral victories for a awhile now.

Best 3-9 team in history? Being proud of recruiting classes routinely ranked 25th only to never have a win total to match or of perpetually winning the press conference, or the offseason, but tanking on the field?

Yep. That's us. We say we can quit any time but ..

Here's hoping we've finally got a complete coach who actually knows how to build and sustain a winning football team. Then we can pretend all this moral victory stuff never really happened.

Last edited:
Might be able to pick him up in 2 years when Georgia signs the next great quarterback. Sorry if someone said this already Did not feel like reading 197 pages of comments.
Nope, nobody said that yet. You're the first.

By the way, when I sit down with my boss for my performance review this year, I'm going to have to list reading this thread as a key accomplishment. That and running Windows updates. How does that make you feel?

Last edited:
I wish Dylan well and we "may" get another shot at him? The saddest part of this thread "IMO" is that most of the talk is about his ability to develop for the NFL. Nebraska used to be about winning games which led to championships, hardnosed fundamentally sound football. Having said that, it is the reality of today's youth is that it is all about them and not all about the team. I'm more saying that about 50% of the posters on this thread. I appreciate that Rhule took his shot and Dylan would have been a great addition, but we just need to get back to winning, beating Minn, IA, Purdue, Illinois & NW consistently, while still trying to recruit good players. The biggest reason that 4 & 5 star players are so important is that they tend to be more developed and with all the transfers, most players don't stay long enough to be developed unless they are the starter.

I also don't think we "have to" have a 2023 QB recruit if it's not the right one. I think there will be some good ones in the portal and I think Smothers is a better than 50/50 to return. It's damm near impossible to have 2 really good QB's on your roster and I think Sims will be good.

Lastly, I'm sad that this thread may not reach 200 pages. Will RR lock it down?

I agree. Unlike his dad, his heart just wasn't in it. We need to find someone who's heart is...
Can we just call it like it is......we are a crappy program right now. I dont blame the kid...enough with the WE WANT KIDS THAT WANT TO BE ALL N....i wouldnt want to if i was a recruit......our players work just as hard as any program in the country, and for what? Wins will fix all of this, unfortunately they wont be coming for another 2 years. Stop drinking the kool-aid dudes.

I wish Dylan well and we "may" get another shot at him? The saddest part of this thread "IMO" is that most of the talk is about his ability to develop for the NFL. Nebraska used to be about winning games which led to championships, hardnosed fundamentally sound football. Having said that, it is the reality of today's youth is that it is all about them and not all about the team. I'm more saying that about 50% of the posters on this thread. I appreciate that Rhule took his shot and Dylan would have been a great addition, but we just need to get back to winning, beating Minn, IA, Purdue, Illinois & NW consistently, while still trying to recruit good players. The biggest reason that 4 & 5 star players are so important is that they tend to be more developed and with all the transfers, most players don't stay long enough to be developed unless they are the starter.

I also don't think we "have to" have a 2023 QB recruit if it's not the right one. I think there will be some good ones in the portal and I think Smothers is a better than 50/50 to return. It's damm near impossible to have 2 really good QB's on your roster and I think Sims will be good.

Lastly, I'm sad that this thread may not reach 200 pages. Will RR lock it down?
We are so close to 200!!!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back