• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wait and watch this iteration of the O-Line, if they’re substantially improved then what are you willing to speculate? To me, he’s got a great chance on doing that!

Certainly possible. I need to see it to believe it, but won't discount it. We don't have much to go by other than last season at this point. Offseason speculation is what we excel at however. :)

I guess Donovan Raiola better brush up his résumé. He's probably not going to be here much longer ;) :p
How about fired tomorrow? Or else today .....

2pE8GVZ.png

Last edited:
You are listing anomalies, which always exist. But they aren't the norm. Exceptions to the rule do not make a new rule -- and are typically not guidance for making decisions.

You are debating Dylan making a choice that any other 5-star QB would have made. Surround yourself with NFL-type talent in college.
Not so sure:

1st round QB draft picks:
Bryce Young - Alabama
CJ Stroud - tOSU
Anthony Richardson - Florida
Kenny Pickett - Pitt
Trevor Lawrence - Clemson
Zach Wilson - BYU
Trey Lance - NDSU
Justin Fields - tOSU
Mac Jones - Alabama
Joe Burrow - LSU
Tua - Alabama
Justin Herbert - Oregon
Jordan Love - Utah State

Yes - 2 ‘Bama and 2 tOSU but a G5, D1AA as well.

I don't understand the argument that Raiola is better off going to Georgia because they are national championship contenders and we aren't. Josh Allen went to Wyoming and things turned out pretty well for him in the NFL. Patrick Mahomes went to Texas Tech.

Ultimately, it's how you play on the field, not what school you went to. You may get more exposure at some schools, but if you perform at a school like Nebraska, you will be noticed.
If you don't perform well at Nebraska, you will definitely be noticed.

Georgia now has the same satisfaction that Oklahoma did in 2021 when they nabbed Caleb Williams.

Not so sure:

1st round QB draft picks:
Bryce Young - Alabama
CJ Stroud - tOSU
Anthony Richardson - Florida
Kenny Pickett - Pitt
Trevor Lawrence - Clemson
Zach Wilson - BYU
Trey Lance - NDSU
Justin Fields - tOSU
Mac Jones - Alabama
Joe Burrow - LSU
Tua - Alabama
Justin Herbert - Oregon
Jordan Love - Utah State

Yes - 2 ‘Bama and 2 tOSU but a G5, D1AA as well.

Zach Wilson was 3-stars. Kenny Pickett was 3-stars. Trey Lance, 3-stars. Jordan Love, 3-stars. All went to the relatively lesser schools listed.

The other 9 QBs listed (over twice as many as the 3-stars -- from a much smaller pool) were all 4 and 5-star recruits that went to schools that typically land plenty of 4 and 5-star recruits. Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields were the top 2 QBs coming out of the same year of high school -- and they both chose powerhouse programs, not North Dakota State.

Completely fits exactly what I stated. 4-5-star recruits don't go to Utah State or Wyoming.

No one has stated 3-star recruits can't be NFL players. Dylan Raiola is not a 3-star recruit. He's doing what literally every 4-5-star QB you listed did.

Last edited:

Ya never know what the portal may bring in 2 yr due to injury, family emergency, coaching change, or any other 30* reasons

The portal giveth and the portal taketh away. The portal can certainly be an advantage to poor schools like us who do not get the flashy kids out of highschool, but can get them down the road after their position room is flooded with flashy kids.

Just wait and watch this iteration of the O-Line, if they’re substantially improved then what are you willing to speculate? To me, he’s got a great chance on doing that!
I was being glib because the narrative was that the only reason he was hired and then retained was to get Dylan to come to Nebraska. I hope he succeeds as well even if he went to Wisconsin and worked for the *#*#*#*# Bears.

I hear ya on that, I certainly believe he knows where he is going for sure. With that being said, I was in Georgia this past weekend to visit family and my nephew, a huge Georgia fan by the way, told me he was absolutely sure Raiola would be committing to Geogia soon. His reasoning was that Raiola's family was very close to Matthew Stafford and his family and that connection is the key to him being a Georgia Bulldog. Of course I took that with a grain on salt and I definitely hope he's very wrong about that, lol.
Dang it, hate it that Raiola committed to Georgia today. I will grudgingly have to admit my nephew was right though about him signing soon with the Dawgs, thank goodness I didn't place a friendly wager on it, lol. I kept hoping Raiola would choose the HUSKERS but unfortunately, it wasn't to be.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back