• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola

Status
Not open for further replies.

— Might as well give an update on 5-star QB Dylan Raiola as he will visit UGA, Nebraska, and Oregon in the upcoming months. His visit to USC recently puts them as the leader, and I think Georgia is a very close No. 2 and could regain the lead after a visit. However, there has been talk of Raiola coming close to securing off-campus housing at USC and a few potential NIL deals in LA. If that’s the case, this is a stronger lead for Lincoln Riley. I’d put USC at 55%, UGA at 30%, and maybe Nebraska at 10%. Right now Oregon is an outlier, but he will be at a massive recruiting weekend for the Ducks for their spring game.

— Might as well give an update on 5-star QB Dylan Raiola as he will visit UGA, Nebraska, and Oregon in the upcoming months. His visit to USC recently puts them as the leader, and I think Georgia is a very close No. 2 and could regain the lead after a visit. However, there has been talk of Raiola coming close to securing off-campus housing at USC and a few potential NIL deals in LA. If that’s the case, this is a stronger lead for Lincoln Riley. I’d put USC at 55%, UGA at 30%, and maybe Nebraska at 10%. Right now Oregon is an outlier, but he will be at a massive recruiting weekend for the Ducks for their spring game.

I know the us Husker fans really want him to choose Nebraska, but IMHO, it’s a difficult sale job compared to the other two major players in contention-UGA and USC. If I were him, I’d be hard pressed to choose Nebraska over those two schools knowing the recent history of Lincoln Riley’s success with QB’s going to NFL. I don’t know if LR will have USC in the College Playoffs when it moves to the much tougher B1G though. Georgia still offers the best TEAM success likely in the next few years. Who knows how Nebraska will fare under Rhule. If I was Raiola, I’d like my chances of success going to USC and UGA better though, from what I know right now.

Will you say you were just joking so I’ll feel better?

I know the us Husker fans really want him to choose Nebraska, but IMHO, it’s a difficult sale job compared to the other two major players in contention-UGA and USC. If I were him, I’d be hard pressed to choose Nebraska over those two schools knowing the recent history of Lincoln Riley’s success with QB’s going to NFL. I don’t know if LR will have USC in the College Playoffs when it moves to the much tougher B1G though. Georgia still offers the best TEAM success likely in the next few years. Who knows how Nebraska will fare under Rhule. If I was Raiola, I’d like my chances of success going to USC and UGA better though, from what I know right now.
Yeah I just don't know if Nebraska is in position to attract a qb of Raiolas caliber. If we were just lackluster qb play from being in championship contention, I would have more hope. Nebraska was lacking in several areas that need to be addressed by this staff. Maybe a couple years who knows what the portal will bring us.

I've been hearing pretty much the same thing... not that we're currently #2, but that we're actually #3. It's not looking good. Like I've said from the beginning, Dominic convinced him to give us a hard look, but in the end when he gets to decide for himself, it'll be elsewhere. Can't really blame him, though. We're just not at that level.

My sources say that #1 Usc, Nu #2 but basically tied with UGA. USC Slight lead with the traction they've gained. I hate the NIL, it shouldn't be allowed to be used until a player is signed. That being said, I think we can match any NIL deal but we aren't trying to use it the wrong way...

I've been hearing pretty much the same thing... not that we're currently #2, but that we're actually #3. It's not looking good. Like I've said from the beginning, Dominic convinced him to give us a hard look, but in the end when he gets to decide for himself, it'll be elsewhere. Can't really blame him, though. We're just not at that level.
Sounds like the pipe dream is about over. The lack of names/chatter other than Dylan is a little concerning for those of us on the outside looking in. That said, I'm sure Rhule didn't put all his eggs in one basket and has a backup plan.

Sounds like the pipe dream is about over. The lack of names/chatter other than Dylan is a little concerning for those of us on the outside looking in. That said, I'm sure Rhule didn't put all his eggs in one basket and has a backup plan.
There’s plenty of other names out there considering the two other 5 stars and 15 four stars officially visiting next weekend

If I'm a QB of DRs quality, I would pick USC. LR has a history of QB development. Is anyone better at putting QBs into the NFL? Chances of reaching the playoffs are much higher than NU. We are in a complete rebuild and in need of a culture change. This is not an attractive situation unless you have a desire to be part of the rebuild. We have the family connection and DR would probably start right away. Those are the only two positives I see and that is just not enough imo. This whole situation is just bad timing. If we were a couple years into a rebuild and were showing a lot of improvement, I think our chances would be much higher. We have a massive recruiting weekend coming up and if a couple recruits really like what they see and pull the trigger, I would be happy. I am sure DR thinks he has the talent to start where ever he decides to go. If he does not win the starting job, we may get another chance at him through the transfer portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back