• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola Tonight!!! What to watch

I only watched the highlights of his plays so I did not see the whole thing. I think he should have had a better completion percentage as at least three of his passes were dropped. But that happens. Two of his throws were definitely late. I think what I liked the most was him throwing over the middle. That is a sign of a QB that can read defenses, The part I did not like was his decision making on some plays.

I only watched the highlights of his plays so I did not see the whole thing. I think he should have had a better completion percentage as at least three of his passes were dropped. But that happens. Two of his throws were definitely late. I think what I liked the most was him throwing over the middle. That is a sign of a QB that can read defenses, The part I did not like was his decision making on some plays.
He has elite self awareness- yeah he's gonna throw some bad throws. Who cares.

He has elite self awareness- yeah he's gonna throw some bad throws. Who cares.
Well the hard part about those games is you have to wonder if it really means anything to them. Thus making some bad throws could be a part of the deal. But I would hope he turns into a Joe Ganz level decision maker. Ganz was by no means the best QB in the room at traditional attributes like arm strength, 40 time, etc. But he would win games because he didn't throw into triple coverage.

Well the hard part about those games is you have to wonder if it really means anything to them. Thus making some bad throws could be a part of the deal. But I would hope he turns into a Joe Ganz level decision maker. Ganz was by no means the best QB in the room at traditional attributes like arm strength, 40 time, etc. But he would win games because he didn't throw into triple coverage.
And at what 32 and one at top Georgia HS, it appears either they weren't top level or he didn't.

I have mixed opinions on the bad throws I believe you are referring to that were into a bit of coverage. Not a big fan of those but in saying that……a lot of quarterbacks have made big money letting their receivers go up and make a play on those types of passes. I’m not confident we have those receivers yet. they didn’t show it last year.

Mahomes, Allen, L Jackson, Montana, Elway......they all throw/threw picks. Dylan will to, but his upside and strengths are off the charts and we are in a way better position with him in the fold as QB.

Mahomes, Allen, L Jackson, Montana, Elway......they all throw/threw picks. Dylan will to, but his upside and strengths are off the charts and we are in a way better position with him in the fold as QB.
There's a difference in expecting perfection and seeing something we've never seen before.
I suspect this will die down post spring game.

There's also a difference between having cautions of perfection and throwing caution to the wind so to speak.
Until we see our two new wrs in scarlet and cream, until we see well placed balls Fidone can go up and get, until we see second year wrs and those who've barely played going up in practice day after day, we don't know if we have those wrs that are any good at 50-50 balls, as qbing last year just wasn't there to judge such things.

Last edited:

I have mixed opinions on the bad throws I believe you are referring to that were into a bit of coverage. Not a big fan of those but in saying that……a lot of quarterbacks have made big money letting their receivers go up and make a play on those types of passes. I’m not confident we have those receivers yet. they didn’t show it last year.
I totally agree. But he put a few of those right on the money. I like his pocket presence but I would have liked to see him drop the ball off a bit more.

I totally agree. But he put a few of those right on the money. I like his pocket presence but I would have liked to see him drop the ball off a bit more.
I agree. They were on the money. It might be one of those things that we as Nebraska fans aren’t used to in a quarterback. I know I’m not yet. Kind of looking forward to it.

I was happy for DR to see him get that TD pass where he split the defenders in what looked like a tight window. The game overall was tough to watch. The wind was obviously a huge factor, but it was some ugly football with all the INTs. The broadcast wasn't the best either.

I was happy for DR to see him get that TD pass where he split the defenders in what looked like a tight window. The game overall was tough to watch. The wind was obviously a huge factor, but it was some ugly football with all the INTs. The broadcast wasn't the best either.
I think when it comes to throwing QBs who do not run that is what I look for. Throws to the outside and deep balls can be thrown at anytime. They really do not show much off other than arm strength because the WR is largely responsible for the ball once it is in the air. However, when a QB has a lot of film throwing over the middle it shows that they can read the defense and know their offense well.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back