• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Dwayne Johnson has informed school of choice: Update: To Announce Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, it's more like NASCAR...we all have the same rules and basic equipment, but it's the driver and pit crew that make the difference...

Except other schools have a napa right next door, where we have to travel 350 miles to the nearest napa. Sure all things can be equal, but they aren't.

Last edited:

I'd like to see HS Jr's being allowed to take official visits. We can't get them to visit early on their own dime, which is a significant disadvantage, and many are committing to closer schools before we are even allowed to bring them in on an official.

THIS. I think this gives the most advantage to the have's over the have nots across the nation. School's with location disadvantages like NU are pretty much playing catch up or are pretty much ****** with many of our recruits coming from areas in TX/CA/FL/etc......

THIS. I think this gives the most advantage to the have's over the have nots across the nation. School's with location disadvantages like NU are pretty much playing catch up or are pretty much ****** with many of our recruits coming from areas in TX/CA/FL/etc......

...which is where a very large percentage of top notch recruits reside, thus coming full circle on location.

Last edited:
So what is the point of you asking us "what is Michigan selling to the other guys not from MI/OH? "When did Ann Arbor become such a dream destination?", "good coaches overcome these things"? Are you trying to tell me that that was your way of endorsing our staff and the job they were/are doing? If so that's a real interesting way of presenting it...

I guess my point is that all of these quotes coupled with you getting mad at how often people point to location when losing out on recruits make it sound like you aren't happy with the staffs performance?

In the Key to Recruiting thread I specifically stated how impressed I have been with the staff's recruiting effort on my way to making an argument that winning championships will get us over the hump that seems to still hamper our recruiting efforts (RR et. al. drove that analysis back to location as well).

I am also a big supporter of Bo & Co on the field. Save Cotton, I think he has done an excellent job assembling the staff and look forward to seeing the dividends in the near future. Good coaches DO overcome such fixed variables and this staff has shown it the last two years. (Hence, no need to quixotically raise concerns over geography when the staff is overcoming them with myriad talented recruits.)

Great news on the Kondolo commitment. If we get Johnson I will be one happy OLine enthusiast!

:huskerflag:

The coaches are working hard this last few weeks to close out strong and reel in big fishes. They've earned a nice long vacation with their families.

The coaches are working hard this last few weeks to close out strong and reel in big fishes. They've earned a nice long vacation with their families.

Not too long or people here will start complaining that the coaches aren't keeping in contact with recruits for the next recruiting class. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Not too long or people here will start complaining that the coaches aren't keeping in contact with recruits for the next recruiting class. :thumbsup:

We don't have any commits for 2014 yet? Lazy BUMS!! What the hell is going on?!? :mad::banghead::soapbox:;)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back