• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Dwayne Johnson has informed school of choice: Update: To Announce Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pelini, Papuchis, Beck, Joseph, Fisher, Garrison, and now Kaz have all REALLY stepped up their game this season. The entire staff needs to be commended...this past month has been remarkable. Els is so much better at RC than we've had in the past...

11 commits 2-4*, 9-3* (scout)

3 decommits 3-4*

double digit visitors and 8 of them have committed with 3 more yet to announce

Not to mention all the in-home visits and 100,000's of miles they logged collectively as a staff.

top 15 class...best since 2005 on paper, and probably best in over a decade +

Pelini, Papuchis, Beck, Joseph, Fisher, Garrison, and now Kaz have all REALLY stepped up their game this season. The entire staff needs to be commended...this past month has been remarkable. Els is so much better at RC than we've had in the past...

3 decommits 3-4*

Not to mention all the in-home visits and 100,000's of miles they logged collectively as a staff.

Very well said. GBR!

3 decommits 3-4*

Nice post! I learn so much on this site & have all of you who follow recruiting closely to thank for that. Don't have the time to dig in like many of you do, but sure enjoy reading all the updates & analysis.

3 decommits 3-4*

....yup...

Nebraska has a very good class. I agree its their best since '05.

One thing to note about this staffs efforts is in regards to the decommits (5). With such a large class and the mere fact the Huskers recruit from all over the country, I think they did a good job of getting kids to stick with their decisions. Location is so big in recruiting, so its not a surprise when a kid in the south flips to, or sticks with a school in that area eventually by NSD. Same with California kids sticking in the Pac 12 footprint and Texas kids dominating the Big 12 region. Schools like Nebraska are at a disadvantage because some kids either have parents who discourage them from going too far from home -or- will get cold feet when reality sets in about being 1500 miles from mommy. Any coach Nebraska ever has will have to deal with these factors. Ross Els has coordinated a great class. Look at each of the 5 guys who flipped:

Dominic Walker, Dan Samuelson and Christian Lacouture all decommited in favor of a 3rd team....while Jonathan Cook switched to hometown Alabama (who can fault that?) and Marcus McWilson flipped to Kentucky because strong family ties to Marrow - the exact reason he picked Nebraska in the first place.

Nice job staff.

3 decommits 3-4*

Good stuff...thanks....

One thing to note about this staffs efforts is in regards to the decommits (5). With such a large class and the mere fact the Huskers recruit from all over the country, I think they did a good job of getting kids to stick with their decisions. Location is so big in recruiting, so its not a surprise when a kid in the south flips to, or sticks with a school in that area eventually by NSD. Same with California kids sticking in the Pac 12 footprint and Texas kids dominating the Big 12 region. Schools like Nebraska are at a disadvantage because some kids either have parents who discourage them from going too far from home -or- will get cold feet when reality sets in about being 1500 miles from mommy. Any coach Nebraska ever has will have to deal with these factors. Ross Els has coordinated a great class. Look at each of the 5 guys who flipped:

Dominic Walker, Dan Samuelson and Christian Lacouture all decommited in favor of a 3rd team....while Jonathan Cook switched to hometown Alabama (who can fault that?) and Marcus McWilson flipped to Kentucky because strong family ties to Marrow - the exact reason he picked Nebraska in the first place.

Nice job staff.

Nice job staff.

Not too mention that is still in question too.

Just saw this on Mike Schaefer's twitter account as I was doing my 'rounds' of the Husker twitters....

My money is still on him heading to Arky....

Dwayne Johnson™ @Wayne_World75 #GBR or #WPS ??? I'll let you guys know tomorrow! @skhanjr @Rivals @mikejschaefer pic.twitter.com/1iphvOTu

BCRYbV1CUAA2Sm8.jpg

Last edited:

boom? more like.... pop, crackle snap.

​This one is seeming to be a dud.

With the quiet/dead period, don't read too much into the coaches not sending out a 'Boom' tweet when he informed the schools. Even though he did so before that period, no reason to send out something like that when there is basically no speaking until Wednesday. My point is, it could be anything from he did commit and they didn't want to send something like that out just before silence hits for three days and "ruin" the kids announcement. Or it could be they didn't send that tweet out because he informed them of Arkansas.

Last edited:

Yup

With the quiet/dead period, don't read too much into the coaches not sending out a 'Boom' tweet when he informed the schools. Even though he did so before that period, no reason to send out something like that when there is basically no speaking until Wednesday. My point is, it could be anything from he did commit and they didn't want to send something like that out just before silence hits for three days and "ruin" the kids announcement. Or it could be they didn't send that tweet out because he informed them of Arkansas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back