• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dublin Ireland Trip

I will be experiencing that with a trip to Amsterdam in less than four weeks. My plane departs Austin at 6PM and arrives in Amsterdam at 10:15AM the next day. That's a direct flight.

I'm the type that can doze off for a minute, wake back up, doze off, back awake, and so on. I somewhat purposely do this. Mostly because I have no clue what I'm like when I'm asleep -- lol, that's what living alone for many years will do. Unfortunately, you can get by with that on a domestic flight. But across the pond is another story.
First of al is @Pops going with you?

Second, the day before you leave - sleep as long as you can (go to bed early, sleep in) - plan on a light day the day you land in Amsterdam ... power through the day and try to get to sleep early-ish that evening. If you nap during the day I have found it hard to get yourself back onto a good sleeping rhythm. Your body simply doesn't know what time it is!

Good luck and have fun in Amsterdam!

I will be experiencing that with a trip to Amsterdam in less than four weeks. My plane departs Austin at 6PM and arrives in Amsterdam at 10:15AM the next day. That's a direct flight.

I'm the type that can doze off for a minute, wake back up, doze off, back awake, and so on. I somewhat purposely do this. Mostly because I have no clue what I'm like when I'm asleep -- lol, that's what living alone for many years will do. Unfortunately, you can get by with that on a domestic flight. But across the pond is another story.
Is this business, or pleasure? Red light district for HWM. Sounds like a fun trip.

Is this business, or pleasure? Red light district for HWM. Sounds like a fun trip.
Amsterdam is a wonderful city with many things to do ... without even getting into the red light district. Canal system that rivals any city, museums, dining, G/PG-rated night life as well!

Amsterdam is a wonderful city with many things to do ... without even getting into the red light district. Canal system that rivals any city, museums, dining, G/PG-rated night life as well!
I’d love to go someday, I just hate flying. Lol. I haven’t gotten on an airplane since 2006, when I went to Hawaii. I don’t miss it one bit.

Last edited:

In my job I traveled a lot, and independent of that I lived in an Asian country as a bachelor for a year. I traveled around the world, and with my wife and independentally with each of my four kids made many foreign trips, while every year going either to the Carribean or to Hawaii. I flew everywhere, man, to quote the man.

My wife died five years ago, I retired, and haven't been on a plane since then. Don't plan on getting on one soon either.

My wife died five years ago, I retired, and haven't been on a plane since then. Don't plan on getting on one soon either.
Me too, 6 years ago. Myocarditis.

Infections from viruses including those that cause the common cold, influenza or COVID-19. Bacteria can lead to myocardial inflammation (heart). Not related COVID. Somewhat rare.

My wife died of ALS, the most awful of many awful ways to slowly inevitably die while slowly losing the ability to do anything but think. This was after beating cancer ten years earlier.

But she loved to travel - three separate trips to China/Mongolia/ Tibet with her karate group, climbing the mountains in Rwanda to walk with the gorrilas, traveling with friends to do a sketching trip on the Nile then dashing to Israel in an armored car with armed guards at 90 MPH. gathering flowers in Morrocco hills, going with Marcos on a luncheon trip on his boat to Corregidor, a number of trips to Hawaii (she would have moved there permanently if I had just twitched on the issue) - stuff like that. She did some of these with buddies while I worked to pay for the trips. Don't regret any of it.

I imagine that it has been asked and answered, but why? What does either University stand to gain from this misadventure? It is not as if the athletes will have the opportunity to be tourists. Both teams are playing outside of their time zones. The only people who benefit are those fans who can afford to travel and wish to visit the UK.

I imagine that it has been asked and answered, but why? What does either University stand to gain from this misadventure? It is not as if the athletes will have the opportunity to be tourists. Both teams are playing outside of their time zones. The only people who benefit are those fans who can afford to travel and wish to visit the UK.
I’m reminded that Dublin isn’t in the UK, but I guess it’s a lot closer than Nebraska is if someone wants to go to the game and then visit.

I think the team was able to start Fall practice earlier and maybe get extra practices, in addition to the spotlight on Nebraska (and Northwestern) before the vast majority of teams start playing. I guess that’s a big enough advantage to consider it. I’m sure the players view it as a cool adventure. But I bet if you could get an honest answer from the coaching staff, especially head coach, they probably view it as a hassle.

Its an opportunity to promote the B1G, the Nebraska brand and I suspect financially it will be a net neutral/positive gain for NU. I'm glad NU does it as a road game and they get this "commitment" out of the way so the B1G doesn't tell them they have to do this.

2023 is Notre Dame and Navy!

2023 is Notre Dame and Navy!
and 2012 too ........ Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. Navy. Sold-out. (ND 50 - NAVY 10)

2012_Aviva_Stadium_Crowd.jpg

Plexiglass roof .... protect fans. And beautiful natural grass surface.

Oh BTW, Huskers can't handle natural grass surface ... Corso said so :Biggrin:. Northwestern home venue, real grass (Ryan Field).

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back