• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dublin Ireland Trip

The wife & I do most everything ourselves. We booked a hotel in the middle of town, just south of the river by the "Temple Bar" area. The city of Dublin (area wise) is not bigger than Lincoln, so don't be intimidated. We will also book our own tours online. The Monday after the game we are flying over to Edinburgh, Scotland, spending 6 days over there. ..... Look at the attached google map. I go through key sites to see & "Favorite" them with a Heart. It helps me to figure out where to stay. The game will be played at Aviva Stadium... bottom right on my map.

Thank you & great info.

My family went to Edinburgh a few years ago and it was amazing. From there, we went to Gleneagles and stayed for a few days. Amazing trip.

I’m considering taking the wife over for the game in Ireland. I briefly searched on the forum - any recommended travel agents and/or travel packages for this event? I’d like to make it a week long trip, give or take.

Any input or pointing me in the right direction is appreciated.
My favorite ever family vacation was a trip my wife and I took to Ireland. If I were going to the game, I'd ditch the packaged trips. My favorite parts are in the southern portion of Ireland, not close to Dublin. I find a place to rent in County Cork or the Dingle Peninsula and just make day excursions from there. It doesn't take an internet sleuth to find a myriad of great stops (Cliffs of Moher, driving the Ring of Kerry, Aran Islands, for example). But I am willing to rent a car and drive myself, which opens up a LOT of options. I'd never driven on the left before, but I was able to get comfortable doing it in about an hour.

My favorite place we stayed was a bed and breakfast at a working dairy farm, in the south.

Players are apparently going over Monday before game. Their first item on the schedule is literally to take a long nap after the flight. Sounds like they will have a few days in Ireland before the game. One big drag, the practice facility is 90 minutes from their hotel. That's three hours a day wasted traveling to and from practice.

9k tix sold…ouch. Hope they fill the rest of the seats with freebies handed out in the pubs. The team hasn’t ever played in an empty stadium. Make sure they get a free red tshirt with that ticket too.

Players are apparently going over Monday before game. Their first item on the schedule is literally to take a long nap after the flight. Sounds like they will have a few days in Ireland before the game. One big drag, the practice facility is 90 minutes from their hotel. That's three hours a day wasted traveling to and from practice.
Travelled to/from Europe quite a bit for business.

Travelling TO the game will be tougher than returning. Certainly depends on when the flight leaves the US but Ireland is 6 hours ahead of Lincoln. If they leave when most Europe-bound flights normally leave afternoon/evenings ... it means they arrive in Ireland the next day/morning. Met very few people who get a good sleep on the plane but I have found taking a nap during the day, after arrival, doesn't help. I typically powered through the day, went to bed early-ish European time 7 or 8pm ... woke up the following morning ready to go.

Travelling TO the game will be tougher than returning. Certainly depends on when the flight leaves the US but Ireland is 6 hours ahead of Lincoln. If they leave when most Europe-bound flights normally leave afternoon/evenings ... it means they arrive in Ireland the next day/morning. Met very few people who get a good sleep on the plane but I have found taking a nap during the day, after arrival, doesn't help. I typically powered through the day, went to bed early-ish European time 7 or 8pm ... woke up the following morning ready to go.
Only been once. Wife and I crashed in hotel after mostly sleepless overnight flight. Forced ourselves to wake up after a few hours, so we didn't get totally out of sink with local time.

Does anyone know the Huskers itinerary while in Dublin or at least the hotel they're staying at?

Nonstop from KLNK Lincoln MAP to EIDW Dublin IAP: 3500 nm (4028 miles), ETA 7:05, 335 IAS (GSP 518), .85 Mach

Possible Waypoint .... Gander Newfoundland

Last edited:

I will be experiencing that with a trip to Amsterdam in less than four weeks. My plane departs Austin at 6PM and arrives in Amsterdam at 10:15AM the next day. That's a direct flight.

I'm the type that can doze off for a minute, wake back up, doze off, back awake, and so on. I somewhat purposely do this. Mostly because I have no clue what I'm like when I'm asleep -- lol, that's what living alone for many years will do. Unfortunately, you can get by with that on a domestic flight. But across the pond is another story.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back