• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Don't Say I Wanted a Four-Team Playoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see a play-off that teams qualify for by winning their conference championship--that means only the SEC champion, all the other SEC teamsk, like all the other non-conference champions and all the independents can go to the Sun Bowl or Boise or some place else for their reward. If it is only four teams, we don't need polls, computers, coaches voting, just the conference champions from the Big, pac 12, sec, and big 12 or ACC (maybe with a play in game); it is goes to eight, East, CUSA, Mountain West or whatever it is in the future, and ACC or Big 12. regular season conference champs only. This validates the season and provides a real champion.

Yeah. why should a conference ever get more than one team in the playoff. Just because there are lots of good teams in it? We need to force all the good teams to start new conferences loaded with weak teams. That will balance out college football and end SEC domination. I think Nebraska ought to help start a new conference the "midwest conference" and invite: Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, Kansas, Kansas State, Colorado, Colorado State, Air Force, and Missouri. That's 10 teams and we should eventually be able to win that conference and make the conference champions' playoff everyone seems to want.

Last edited:

This is stated exactly right. A team has to win its way to the conference championship and then win that game to advance. In other words, do it on the field, not in the polls, the minds of friendly coaches or journalists, or in discussions among SEC officials.

And of course all conferences are created equal...thus the SEC gets one entry just as any other conference does. I do think this will break up the SEC as teams in that conference will find a weak sister conference to join. Maybe a good thing. I join hope not many of them flock to the BIG...it's tough enough being the 5th best team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back