• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Don Garber respond's to JK's comments on MLS in a blistering manner

Liviu Bird @liviubird · Before Jürgen Klinsmann, these vital conversations never happened. On that basis alone, his tenure as manager has been successful.

Once again I agree....but once again that is not the issue....the issue is he went to the media to denigrate players and a league....that is never going to be a winner and now its created a crap storm....which is and was unnecessary.....

Taylor Twellman@TaylorTwellman · No issues with <s>@</s>J_Klinsmann and his comments and <s>@</s>thesoccerdon defending his league. Both equally doing their jobs and what they believe.

Last edited:

Well this is a mess. That said, I agree with JK regarding playing in Europe rather than MLS, depending on League.

Fact is, MLS is a SLOW game. Alot of standing around most games. A good league for older guys. But that's not to say it's a bad league. Just not as intense game in, game out. I would think EPL, ECL, LaLiga, Bunda1, Bunda2, Belgian, Ligue1, Italian (whatever it's called).......are all far superior leagues.

On the other hand Altidore and Shea disagree with you....:)

Like I said have no issues with what he said and I have no issues with what Garber said either....my issue with Klinsmann is he said it to the media and as you said it created a huge mess as he gave Garber no choice to respond.....and now Bradley is also P.O'd him among others....good way to lose your locker room.....etc.

I also do not agree with you that MLS is an old mans league either....and I don't agree all of the leagues you listed are superior....

Finally I think to grow a league you have to bring back name players who are American in order to do so.....

Lets not forget that 11 of the 23 man squad in Brazil was from MLS.....

Also interesting Klinsmann has no problem with Jones playing in MLS....makes me go hmmmm

Well this is a mess. That said, I agree with JK regarding playing in Europe rather than MLS, depending on League.

Fact is, MLS is a SLOW game. Alot of standing around most games. A good league for older guys. But that's not to say it's a bad league. Just not as intense game in, game out. I would think EPL, ECL, LaLiga, Bunda1, Bunda2, Belgian, Ligue1, Italian (whatever it's called).......are all far superior leagues.

Last edited:

EPL is a better league, but the style of play shortens careers. La Liga has Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Atheltico Madrid, that is about all. Bundesliga is really only the other league heads & shoulders above MLS. The play is slow & sloppy in most MLS matches, and is painful to watch most of the time.

On the other hand Altidore and Shea disagree with you....:)

Like I said have no issues with what he said and I have no issues with what Garber said either....my issue with Klinsmann is he said it to the media and as you said created a huge mess as he gave Garber no choice to respond.....and now Bradley is P.O'd him among others....good way to lose your locker room.....etc.

I also do not agree with you that MLS is an old mans league either....and I don't agree all of the leagues you listed are superior....

Finally I think to grow a league you have to bring back name players who are American in order to do so.....

Lets no forget that 11 of the 23 man squad in Brazil was from MLS.....

Also interesting Klinsmann has no problem with Jones playing in MLS....makes me go hmmmm

I completely agree with the bolded.

The MLS needs the Zusi and Biesler decisions to stay in their prime from American players. But it's hard with the MLS financial structuring. They hurt themselves.

Agree with the JK/Jones thing too. Why he loves Jones (and always has) to the extent shown is still beyond me.

I like our finest younger players going to lesser teams in the tougher leagues or Bunda2. What we need is the ability to lure them away once they hit their stride.

Agree with all for the most part....I think we are on the same page.....

As for Jones.....don't get me started....he seems to get a free pass and get out of jail card all wrapped up in one.....and like you I do not get it....and never have.....

I completely agree with the bolded.

The MLS needs the Zusi and Biesler decisions to stay in their prime from American players. But it's hard with the MLS financial structuring. They hurt themselves.

Agree with the JK/Jones thing too. Why he loves Jones (and always has) to the extent shown is still beyond me.

I like our finest younger players going to lesser teams in the tougher leagues or Bunda2. What we need is the ability to lure them away once they hit their stride.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back