• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Does Anybody Remember 1962?

I was 11 years old in 1962 and listened to the games on the radio in Page, Nebraska. The South Dakota game was the first game I recall and don't remember any of the Glassford games. Had the honor of interviewing Bill Glassford in 2007 over the phone and wish I could have met him in person. Have one of his autographed footballs on display in my Husker Room. First game in person was the loss to Air Force in 1963. Dad bought our season tickets in 1964 when they built the south end zone and have been to at least one game every year since. Will be at all the home games this year.

I was 11 years old in 1962 and listened to the games on the radio in Page, Nebraska. The South Dakota game was the first game I recall and don't remember any of the Glassford games. Had the honor of interviewing Bill Glassford in 2007 over the phone and wish I could have met him in person. Have one of his autographed footballs on display in my Husker Room. First game in person was the loss to Air Force in 1963. Dad bought our season tickets in 1964 when they built the south end zone and have been to at least one game every year since. Will be at all the home games this year.
That was quite a commitment for someone from page Nebraska to purchase season tickets to Lincoln

I certainly remember sitting around the radio at night listening to the delayed broadcast of the Gotham Bowl. Didn't get too much of a chance to follow the regular season games what with being QB/S on an undefeated & unscored-upon high school team Fridays and hunting & farming most Saturdays. That was on the South Dakota border so didn't get to see games in person then. That high school team was Ponca, class C. We played Elkhorn high that year. A lot has changed since then.

The first games I attended were in 1964 when I enrolled at NU. Prior to that, it was sporadically hearing the games over the radio while out hunting with my dad or uncles. In 1962, I was a junior in high school at Omaha Benson. My senior year was spent at Omaha Beveridge (later became Omaha Burke). As seniors we were getting very interested in NU football and Saturdays were almost always reserved for listening to the games on radio. Beveridge was a small school then, our class was only 75 students which for any Omaha school was tiny. Consequently most of our football games required traveling to other towns with schools of similar size such as Bennington, Pawnee City, and Hastings St. Cecilia. Fun times for all of us; especially singing several choruses of "There Is No Place Like Nebraska" while on the bus even though it wasn't Beveridge's fight song.

The first games I attended were in 1964 when I enrolled at NU. Prior to that, it was sporadically hearing the games over the radio while out hunting with my dad or uncles. In 1962, I was a junior in high school at Omaha Benson. My senior year was spent at Omaha Beveridge (later became Omaha Burke). As seniors we were getting very interested in NU football and Saturdays were almost always reserved for listening to the games on radio. Beveridge was a small school then, our class was only 75 students which for any Omaha school was tiny. Consequently most of our football games required traveling to other towns with schools of similar size such as Bennington, Pawnee City, and Hastings St. Cecilia. Fun times for all of us; especially singing several choruses of "There Is No Place Like Nebraska" while on the bus even though it wasn't Beveridge's fight song.
At first, when you said "Omaha Beveridge", I thought it was your nickname for the school...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back