• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Do we open 2019 in the top 25?

Don't care about any stinking preseason ranking ... Prefer they open the season with an attitude & chip on their shoulders.

All these people saying no as if it is an absolute. But let me serve a side of hypotheticals with some Kool Aide.

Say nebraska averages 45 points over the next 3 games and the holds opponents under 30 or wins going away...

Then I think we get some votes for top 25.

Why do ND, UT and UF not count?
Because they have all be over-rated for years, almost always one of the highest ranked teams with their number of losses. Hence, the likelihood that they might be in a preseason top 25 after a poor year before. Kind of like Texas being rated No. 15, this year after being beaten by two unranked teams. Then, they lose to a ranked team, and don't drop at all.

Just focus on the next game and win. If they do that then the polls will take care of themselves.

I see some of you have graduated from Koolaid to Cocaine.

I say we throw another million at a tiny school and get a 13th game on our schedule during conference championship week
You'd have to bribe some NCAA officials too. Probably not out of the realm of possibility.

Not to start, but 4-0 and we will be in. After the 5th game osu, We will be top 15 (when we win).
I believe it's very possible considering how far this has come together and the fact our schedule is much easier next year and plus most of our starters return.

If we win out the rest of season with an average margin of victory of 21, then next year we are rated week 1. Only way I see it happening.

That's winning 5 out of 6 with that margin of victory and the only loss being to Ohio State...at Ohio State by 5.

That would be impressive.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back