• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Do we open 2019 in the top 25?

tenor.gif

Do we open 2019 in the top 25?

What ever you are drinking or smoking, you are over your limit. Please sober up before you get behind the wheel for the drive home.

No. And if the defense doesn't improve we don't crack the top 25 all year.

If Nebraska finishes 4-8 or 5-7, 2015 to 2016 becomes a decent analog. The team was first ranked in 2016 after beating then #22 Oregon in week 3, entering the AP poll at #20. NU won't play a ranked team in 2019 until Ohio St. in week 5. I"m with ColombianHusker - It'll take 4-0 to crack the poll.

Last edited:

I doubt it. We need a signature win in this new era. Maybe it happens next year, but the kind of win that catches everyone's attention. Until that happens, I don't care what the record is... you need wins against top 25 teams to get some notice.

Last edited:
When was the last time a 5 win team cracked the top 25 in the 1st poll of the next year.
Get back to us on that. (Oh, and BTW, Notre Dame, Texas and Florida don't count).

I don't think it's impossible, depending on how we finish out the season. I think people recognize that this is a team that is quickly improving. Closing out with 3 straight wins could be enough to make believers out of some.

Frost has credibility, and Nebraska had pedigree. I doubt it will happen preseason, but I don't think it will take long.

I say we throw another million at a tiny school and get a 13th game on our schedule during conference championship week

Last edited:

When was the last time a 5 win team cracked the top 25 in the 1st poll of the next year.
Get back to us on that. (Oh, and BTW, Notre Dame, Texas and Florida don't count).

It’s rare, but it can happen. Tennessee was 5-6 in 2005 and ranked #23 in both 2006 pre-season polls. Pitt was 5-7 in 2007 and ranked #25 in the 2008 AP pre-season poll.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back