• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Do we lose anyone because of our B10 championship performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn't Bo made a 4-year pledge or something like that where he has committed to honoring every scholarship for 4 years?

Most of the Big 10 is now 4-year scholarships.

Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern and Illinois confirmed to ESPN.com that they have given out four-year scholarships to this class. Ohio State and Nebraska also confirmed on signing day that they are giving out scholarships that no longer have to be renewed annually. Purdue, Indiana and Minnesota are still awarding one-year renewable grants.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7528614/some-big-ten-offering-4-year-scholarships

Colorado lost their coach--maybe we could raid their team for some more scout-team players :Biggrin:

I was talking about kids who played 50% snaps or so ... major contributors. Santos is probably one of the younger guys (on defense) who got the most playing time and I don't consider him to have got "extensive" playing time. He played a lot in a few games, but, for the most part, Bo stuck with the Senior Three.

I'm not ragging on Bo just to rag on him ... I think there's a serious lack of talent on this team upfront and I don't understand why a kid like Santos doesn't get time over Whaley/Fisher. Everybody loves Fisher and his "story", but I could care less. Did/will Santos make mistakes? Absolutely. That said ... I'd rather have a kid with size/speed/talent like Santos who might make a bad read occasionally, but still has the athleticism to make a play/get out there than a slow senior who still makes mistakes and doesn't have the athleticism to make up for them. That's my preference .... obviously, I don't get paid millions to make those calls.

Well, extensive is just a perception that we aren't seeing from the same angle. I figure if you are in the game enough to gain comfort in what you are doing, then that's extensive. That's usually at least a couple series. You don't have to split time with the 1s almost equally to have extensive play time in my eyes.

The second paragraph, I totally agree with. I don't/didn't understand how Waley or Fisher was in before Santos. He's faster stronger, and a better tackler. Three main characteristics you need in you LBs. But like you, I haven't received a paycheck to make those calls either.

I was talking about kids who played 50% snaps or so ... major contributors. Santos is probably one of the younger guys (on defense) who got the most playing time and I don't consider him to have got "extensive" playing time. He played a lot in a few games, but, for the most part, Bo stuck with the Senior Three.

I'm not ragging on Bo just to rag on him ... I think there's a serious lack of talent on this team upfront and I don't understand why a kid like Santos doesn't get time over Whaley/Fisher. Everybody loves Fisher and his "story", but I could care less. Did/will Santos make mistakes? Absolutely. That said ... I'd rather have a kid with size/speed/talent like Santos who might make a bad read occasionally, but still has the athleticism to make a play/get out there than a slow senior who still makes mistakes and doesn't have the athleticism to make up for them. That's my preference .... obviously, I don't get paid millions to make those calls.

Nailed it.

Anderson is another example. His season was shortened by injury but even before that he wasn't getting much playing time over the Senior Three. It seemed pretty clear to me that he was going to be a big part of the adjustments after the UCLA debacle, but the question is how in God's name Whaley and Fisher got the nods over Anderson and Santos in the first place unless Bo has an outrageously unrealistic obsession with scheme knowledge over raw athletic talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back