• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked direct TV guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the one thing I liked about dish was you could add an external hard drive to increase your storage. when I switched to directv I found I could add an external hard drive but it replaced the internal drive on the dvr; you could not use both. I hope they fix that at some point.

Our current set up is two dvr's and whole home sharing. So we can record two different shows on each dvr but have to watch one of those four shows live. We can record four different shows and watched a stored show but not a fifth live show at the same time. So on saturdays I can tape three 1100 games and watch one and the same for the 2:30 games and so on.

I just don't record that much stuff so I have never run into a space issue, I rarely get below 60% available. My issue is always the schedule conflict stuff so this does well for me. Sounds like you may not need it though. Although, you can always keep your current dvr's if you just need extra space, the tech left all my old ones with me.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back